Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birth Certificate Issue

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Birth Certificate Issue Empty Birth Certificate Issue Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Sapphire

Arresto Menor

Hi, I am a new member of this group. I found your website while browsing. I want to seek help with regards to a confusing issue. My mom was married to my father, a Burgos. I have with me a copy of my authenticated BC with the date of their marriage but my father did not sign the BC. I only see my mom's signature on it. After 2 years they separated. My mother remarried to a Zamora. I have no idea if the 1st marriage was annulled as I didnt bother to ask. I saw my brother's authenticated BC and it has a date of their marriage also. When I started grade school, I used my 2nd father's surname without me being adopted. Unfortunately, they also separated. Now that I'm working, my SSS, TIN, PAGIBIG, Philhealth and Driver's License reflects my 2nd father's surname. Please help me as I'm desperate of getting a passport.

Your advise is highly appreciated.

Best

PS

Kindly recommend a legal counsel so I can discuss things out.

2Birth Certificate Issue Empty Re: Birth Certificate Issue Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:09 pm

attyLLL

So is your last name in the birth certificate Burgos, Zamora, (Gomez?)

with the dfa, sometimes they will accept an affidavit that they are the same person so you should ask them to evaluate your docs.

It may be easier to just ask your employer, SSS, BIR etc to adopt the name on your birth certificate.

if you wish for it to be changed, you will have to file a petition for change of name with the court.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Birth Certificate Issue Empty Birth Certificate Issue Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:40 am

Sapphire

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your reply!

My surname in my birth certificate is Burgos and the rest of my IDs are Zamora.

Would you kindly recommend a lawyer to help me with this issue. I have no idea where to start.

Much Appreciated.

Best

4Birth Certificate Issue Empty Re: Birth Certificate Issue Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:28 pm

attyLLL

you will not need a lawyer if you use burgos and just request that all your id's be changed to burgos. it may be faster too.

5Birth Certificate Issue Empty Re: Birth Certificate Issue Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Sapphire

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Do I need to submit an Affidavit (One and the Same Person) to those agencies? Would the affidavit enough for the DFA to grant me a passport? Also, my daughter who's turning 1 this April is using the Burgos as middle name in her BC. What should I do with it?

Best.

6Birth Certificate Issue Empty Re: Birth Certificate Issue Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:53 pm

attyLLL

it depends on what those agencies will require you to submit.

your daughter's birth certificate can be changed only through a judicial order

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum