Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need an opinion pls

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need an opinion pls Empty Need an opinion pls Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 pm

may

Arresto Menor

Dear Sirs,
May i ask for your legal opinion on this situation:
I was given a side agreement (notwithstanding our previous CBA 2004) and since this CBA has been scrapped last year due to non-availability of majority of union members (Union dissolved), would it be correct to approach the Management that i would like to collect my separation pay from the company inasmuch as the CBA has been succeeded by company policy effective this year?
Though i have a black and white agreement that my separation/retirement pay will be based on the 2004 CBA, my predicament is that since a new Gen Manager will be assigned every 3 years, will it be my problem na nababale wala ang kasunduan ko with the previous GM? or by-law, the new GM should follow what has been signed by the previous GM?
Thank you and hoping to receive comments/recommendations on what i have to do.

2Need an opinion pls Empty Re: Need an opinion pls Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:10 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, the new GM should respect the agreement. it is between you and the company, not between you and the GM.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Need an opinion pls Empty Re: Need an opinion pls Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:38 pm

may

Arresto Menor

Thanks AttyLLL for your prompt reply.
More power

4Need an opinion pls Empty Re: Need an opinion pls Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:10 pm

may

Arresto Menor

Atty can i raise a question?
if i pursue the idea of retirement now and sign a quitclaim, it means i have to retire from the company, right? I am hesitant to raise this to the Management because on the other hand i wanted to continue my employment, but for reason that they scrap already the CBA hence, i wanted that i be paid the benefits as per the old CBA.
In your opinion, however, they have to respect the agreement between the previous GM and me.... thanks again [justify]

5Need an opinion pls Empty Re: Need an opinion pls Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:44 pm

attyLLL

yes, if you retire, you will be separated from the company.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum