Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

worker injury responsibility

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1worker injury responsibility Empty worker injury responsibility Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:34 pm

sev

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Just want to ask, who is responsible for paying/seeing to the injuries of a worker? Here is the scenario:

We have a garden beside our house. There are avocado and mango trees.

We have a neighbor, and she wants to cut down our trees. She says the leaves of our trees get in their way.

Our neighbor insisted that we cut down our tree. So one day, she came and brought a worker that would cut down our tree (we will be the one who will pay the worker, not our neighbor). What we didn't know is that the worker she brought to cut down our tree was not a professional in the cutting-of-trees job. While working, the worker accidentally cut his own feet!

Who should pay for the medical fees? Our neighbor who brought the worker, or us?

I need your legal advice. Thanks in advance!

2worker injury responsibility Empty Re: worker injury responsibility Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:18 pm

rchrd

rchrd

If the worker did not take care for himself, he bears his own loss. You are only required to help as your conscience leads you to do so.

3worker injury responsibility Empty Re: worker injury responsibility Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 pm

sev

Arresto Menor

Noted. thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum