Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arresting the suspect after filing/ signing of Affidavit of Desistance of the complainant

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jubilum

Arresto Menor

Good day!

About four years ago, a relative of mine was accused of multiple counts of rape and child abuse (minor po ang biktima) after almost a year, we decided, as adviced by our lawyer, to settle the case through "paying the complainant" and have them sign an Affidavit of Desistance. In short, the complainant signed an Affifiddavit of Desistance.

My question Atty. is...is there still possibility that my relative (suspect) be arrested again with the same case...or maybe do the Affidavit of Desistance is enough to say that the case is TOTALLY over? If ever, is there a possibility that the affidavit be revoked? At ung arresting officer or iba pang tao ba ay pdeng i refresh ung kaso?

Many thanks and more power to you and this forum.

attyLLL

shouldn't you be asking your lawyer? he is in a better position to answer your question. It is final if there is a dismissal order by the court or by the prosecutor. the mere signing of the affid of desistance is not enough for the case to be dismissed.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

jubilum

Arresto Menor

Salamat po Atty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum