Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

social networking site no privacy?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1social networking site no privacy? Empty social networking site no privacy? Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:46 pm

gmigz27

Arresto Menor

hi good am..tanong ko lang pwede ba kaming pag bawalan ng supervisor/HR namin na mag post/comment o mag like sa Facebook regarding sa work? dapat ba namin silang sundin?..sakop ba nila ang mga social networking sites like Facebook & Twitter?

2social networking site no privacy? Empty Re: social networking site no privacy? Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

chaosdraco

Arresto Menor

IMHO . I believe so, the company will state "You are paid to do your job, not browse FB/Twitter or any other sites."

3social networking site no privacy? Empty Re: social networking site no privacy? Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:23 pm

gmigz27

Arresto Menor

ang tanong ko po,bawal ba mag-post ng comments regarding sa work? hindi mag browse during work??..bawal talaga yun nasa trabaho ka tas mag browse ka ng unecessary sites panu ka mag focus sa work nun..uulitin ko po yung tanong:
Dapat ba ipagbawal ng supervisor or HR Dept na magpost ng comments o mag like man lang regarding sa work?(e.g. "Good job team for hitting the goal..keep it up!" or "Badtrip naman sa office wala na namang aircon!Pabrika ba eto?!")
gets?! Kasi para sakin personal na account yun sa isang public/social websites. kung anu man ang ipost ko i'm just exercising my freedom of speech.right? and posting my own comments,beliefs and thoughts in Facebook is outside my scope of work. salamat.

4social networking site no privacy? Empty Re: social networking site no privacy? Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:06 am

chaosdraco

Arresto Menor

Anything that can be harmful sa company , lalo na kung kita ng public yung mga posts mo at kita din yung company name. Pwede ka kasuhan ng libel/slander.

e.g. Badtrip naman sa office wala na namang aircon!Pabrika ba eto?!" - Negative diba?

Some examples are:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/26/fired-over-facebook-posts_n_659170.html#s115707&title=Swiss_Woman_Caught

Don't get me wrong, blocked FB dito sa office with no apparent reason. Tinatawanan lang namin kasi the company has a FB page that they use for marketing purposes din. Very Happy

5social networking site no privacy? Empty Re: social networking site no privacy? Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 am

lawddesign

lawyer

You are even lucky that FB is not blocked in your office. While you may insist that posting in FB is germane to your work, still you are being paid to work and not to post comments.

You even admitted that posting in FB is outside of your work. Very Happy

6social networking site no privacy? Empty Re: social networking site no privacy? Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:14 pm

gmigz27

Arresto Menor

to lawddesign:
Unnecessary websites are not allowed or being blocked by our company as well eversince I started. as I've said I'm not asking for browsing but posting of comments regarding work. I can still afford to go to internet cafe or search for wifi spots to browse the net than doing that at work.

anyways, thanks to all who answer my question.good day!

7social networking site no privacy? Empty Re: social networking site no privacy? Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:57 pm

chaosdraco

Arresto Menor

Just be careful on your posts, the managers are taking a precaution in warning you. If you post anything that can damage the company's reputation that is a threat to the business.

Put yourself on the company's shoes, its simple that way.

8social networking site no privacy? Empty Re: social networking site no privacy? Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:27 pm

lawddesign

lawyer

To Gmigz:

POSTING OF COMMENTS NECESSARILY INVOLVES BROWSING. Very Happy

9social networking site no privacy? Empty Re: social networking site no privacy? Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:07 am

attyLLL

gmigz, what was posted about the company?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

10social networking site no privacy? Empty Re: social networking site no privacy? Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:33 pm

chaosdraco

Arresto Menor

gmigz provided the examples as stated above :

"Good job team for hitting the goal..keep it up!" or
"Badtrip naman sa office wala na namang aircon!Pabrika ba eto?!"

11social networking site no privacy? Empty Re: social networking site no privacy? Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:43 am

attyLLL

imo, the act of posting and the posts are fine, but it is correct that it is wrong to be doing so during work hours.

you can't expect privacy if you are allowing others to see your posts.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum