Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contract vs Social Media Privacy

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Contract vs Social Media Privacy Empty Contract vs Social Media Privacy Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 am

ragingstorm

Arresto Menor

My company demanded that I pay damages of 100K++ because I'm now hired at a new company. Our contract explicitly says that unless I get written consent, I can't work for another company. Take note ha, we're not employees, we are called "consultants". We don't receive any government statutory benefits from this company. I virtually signed a contract agreeing to their terms.

Then, my company obtained information that I was hired last year but I know they didn't obtain this information without accessing and snooping around my private information (messaging fellow "consultants" like me).

Granted that I violated our contract but is this company allowed to breach my privacy knowing they didn't ask for my consent and this information isn't even public?

2Contract vs Social Media Privacy Empty Re: Contract vs Social Media Privacy Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:23 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Unfortunately unless you have proof na they "hacked" your social media account wala kang magagawa. You cannot use the argument na the info isn't public.

What does your contract prohibit?
1. Cannot work for another company while the contract is in place?
2. Cannot work for a competitor EVEN after the contract has expired
3. Cannot work for anyone else even after the contract has expired

Note #1 is enforceable,
#2 is enforceable for a reasonable amount of time (cannot be too long),
#3 cannot be enforced

3Contract vs Social Media Privacy Empty Re: Contract vs Social Media Privacy Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:33 am

ragingstorm

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your response. Yes, the contract is still in effect. I've been working for them for 3 years and we have to sign the contract annually if we want to continue working for them. If the company has proof that I'm employed with another company and they obtained it through another person whom I corresponded online, should I force them to disclose their source or how they were able to obtain this info before I give in and pay?

4Contract vs Social Media Privacy Empty Re: Contract vs Social Media Privacy Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:55 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

thats up to you. They don't need to provide you proof till they file a case though but no harm in asking. If you find the amount acceptable, perhaps you could try to haggle muna.

5Contract vs Social Media Privacy Empty Re: Contract vs Social Media Privacy Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:12 am

ragingstorm

Arresto Menor

Thank you, you are a big help. I plan to prolong this and wait if they are willing to go great lengths to make me pay. If push comes to shove, I'll dispute this or ask them to let me go quietly, assuring them that I would not share the details of my termination and/or that they no longer sanctioned my violation.

6Contract vs Social Media Privacy Empty Re: Contract vs Social Media Privacy Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:27 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

They can easily file sa small claims court if they ask for P100,000.00 plus interests and costs. They just need to submit the contract. You might want to rethink your strategy. Once they get judgement no more room for negotiation. Mabilis kasi sa small claims.

7Contract vs Social Media Privacy Empty Re: Contract vs Social Media Privacy Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:28 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

same day ang judgement

8Contract vs Social Media Privacy Empty Re: Contract vs Social Media Privacy Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:52 pm

ragingstorm

Arresto Menor

Will do. Many of us already jumped ships and there's no one who got convicted yet. But there's always a first in everything. I'll just wait and see first.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum