Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Picture posted in Social Networking

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Picture posted in Social Networking Empty Picture posted in Social Networking Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:04 pm

silent_move321

Arresto Menor

Good day to you lawyers...

What would be the charge if someone will post your picture in the internet without your permission and they even scattered it to a lot of network users through tagging it? What would be the possible charge and the consequence of doing that?

2Picture posted in Social Networking Empty Re: Picture posted in Social Networking Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:23 pm

attyLLL

if a third person who didn't know you were to look at the picture, will he think that there is an intent to defame you?

how was the picture acquired? are there additional comments made aside from the posting of the pic?

if this was mere posting of a picture without your permission but without an intent to annoy or humiliate you, it is not a crime defined and punished by any law.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Picture posted in Social Networking Empty Re: Picture posted in Social Networking Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:18 am

silent_move321

Arresto Menor

It was posted on the FB account I asked the owner of the account to removed it for several times but the owner of the account didn't listen and was never removed. Now there are a lot of people posting comments on the picture. Quite embarrassing to my family as well as it they're making fun out of it. I don't want to ruin my family's name. The reason I wrote this letter is to know if how far can we go if we sue the owner of the account?

4Picture posted in Social Networking Empty Re: Picture posted in Social Networking Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:06 pm

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

an injunction/moral damages could be your remedy..your reason.. the unauthorized posting of your pictures subjected you to comments that are offensive on your part and therefore causing you to have mental anguish,social humiliation,besmirched reputation ..

hire a lawyer that's your first step!

5Picture posted in Social Networking Empty Re: Picture posted in Social Networking Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:32 pm

attyLLL

for one of the posters here who became a client, i wrote a demand letter directed to the owner of the account to remove certain defamatory remarks. fortunately, it worked with just that. i agree, you should consider getting counsel.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6Picture posted in Social Networking Empty Re: Picture posted in Social Networking Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 am

silent_move321

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot Smile)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum