Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

immediate resignation

+52
Kim1988
mikos23
emhynrr
Lyricmuse
Illyasviel
strawberry032815
JM001
Tanong123
ishi
dfa
mareillesc
missunderstood123
lukekyle
allancv1981
xander02
Juvencio Ramos
dragonheart
ronjamialuke13
lianlhen26
samgi
Aaron axel
angel_lei
HrDude
Odylon1996
kathykath_23
joannelacambacal
Mina_Metiorova
inlawve
lukefilewalker
cricket
me_jayl
jade011
thatmomentwhenyourealize
ponapem
blackdiamond_87202
Rosee
spy1581
erlyndelossantos
Mikaela13
chris22tor
agent_vgb
council
iamSophia
Markeflores
danzky
Ally2012
alychB
RicaVillaroel
attyLLL
shoppefloor
lawddesign
josejuan
56 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:21 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

5. Kung ayaw mag-render ng 30 days ang isang empleyado, siya ay pwedeng idemanda for 'damages'. And damages ay dapat actual at ito ay pwede lang isingil sa empleyado ng korte at hindi ng employer.[/quote]

Pede po ba pakilinaw yung dito sa number 5,  panu pong actual damages? pede po ba magbigay ng example? marami pong salamat[/quote]

Kailangan ng actual na halaga ng danyos. Ang halaga ng danyos ay dapat masosoportahan ng mga dokumento at hindi base sa haka haka lng.

Meaning... the amount of damages should be determinable and can only be demandaed by the employer by filing a civil case in court and for the court to determine the exact amount. If the court has decided that the employee is liable for damages, only then the employee will pay the amount. The employer CANNOT directly demand money for damages from the employee without going to court.

102immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:24 pm

JM001

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:5. Kung ayaw mag-render ng 30 days ang isang empleyado, siya ay pwedeng idemanda for 'damages'. And damages ay dapat actual at ito ay pwede lang isingil sa empleyado ng korte at hindi ng employer.

Pede po ba pakilinaw yung dito sa number 5,  panu pong actual damages? pede po ba magbigay ng example? marami pong salamat[/quote]

Kailangan ng actual na halaga ng danyos. Ang halaga ng danyos ay dapat masosoportahan ng mga dokumento at hindi base sa haka haka lng.

Meaning... the amount of damages should be determinable and can only be demandaed by the employer by filing a civil case in court and for the court to determine the exact amount. If the court has decided that the employee is liable for damages, only then the employee will pay the amount. The employer CANNOT directly demand money for damages from the employee without going to court.[/quote]

maraming salamat po!

103immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:21 pm

strawberry032815

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I have asked someone from the office to submit my resignation letter to my supervisor. I decided to resign immediately as soon as I found out that I am pregnant (7 weeks). Worse thing is that I might have a miscarriage, so the OB advised me to have a bed rest for 2 weeks. I want to make sure that my health and my baby's health wouldn't be at risk as work is currently requiring overtime and even weekend shifts (7 days a week). I talked to my supervisor even a week before but she kept insisting that "there's no such thing as immediate resignation". Thus she would not accept.

I want to confirm whether or not pregnancy is included on the exemptions for rendering 30 days (in our company 60 days) prior to resignation.

Now I am waiting for the management's feedback and keeping my fingers crossed that my records will be clean right after. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

104immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:30 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

strawberry032815 wrote:Hi,

I have asked someone from the office to submit my resignation letter to my supervisor. I decided to resign immediately as soon as I found out that I am pregnant (7 weeks). Worse thing is that I might have a miscarriage, so the OB advised me to have a bed rest for 2 weeks. I want to make sure that my health and my baby's health wouldn't be at risk as work is currently requiring overtime and even weekend shifts (7 days a week). I talked to my supervisor even a week before but she kept insisting that "there's no such thing as immediate resignation". Thus she would not accept.

I want to confirm whether or not pregnancy is included on the exemptions for rendering 30 days (in our company 60 days) prior to resignation.

Now I am waiting for the management's feedback and keeping my fingers crossed that my records will be clean right after. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

NO, pregnancy is NOT an exemption as long as the same will not affect the work of the employee.

1. There is such thing as immediate resignation. If it does not fall under the exceptions provided by law, then the approval of the same would be considered as 'Management Prerogative'.
2. Pregnancy is not an exception. Even your OB requires you bed rest only. Hence, your pregnancy does not have to affect your work.
3. No one can force an employee to render OT if it does fall under Art 89 of the Labor Code. Also, the employer should at least give a day of rest to an employee.
4. I suggest you render 30 days or bargain for a shorter period OR at least, see to it that your resignation letter is 'received'. It is in this way that you can defend yourself if you are terminated later on based Job Abandonment as an incident of Involuntary Servitude can surely arise.

105immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

wag ka mag resign. instead inform your employer that the OB is requiring you to stay at home and rest (you may need a medical certificate)
After you have given birth and your maternity leave is over, go back to work and then file for resignation and render 30 days.

yung "immediate resignation may make you liable for damages if your employer sues

106immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:46 am

Illyasviel

Arresto Menor

Hello po. I've been working for 3 years na sa company. Nagtender po ako ng resignation sa company ko for 60 days because akala ko kaya ko pa. Pero mga after 1 1/2 mos hindi na po ako nakapasok due to severe depression and suicidal tendencies. It was very unbearable na po and ayoko na lumabas ng bahay and face other people. I was irrational and my mood swings were erratic - I just want to rest. I told this to my manager and HR and they asked for a med cert. wala po ako nabigay coz of a number of reasons (financial and anxiety of being labeled as crazy). Out of respect sa friend ko who will be my succssor, I dragged myself to work and turned over all my files on Sunday July 30 (medyo masakit pa po yung arm ko from self harm). I also printed an immediate resignation and placed it in my cabinet for safe keeping.

Then on Aug 1, I received an RTWO dated July 27, then sbi ko sa friend ko ibigay na ung immediate resignation ko. Nung tinanong ko po si HR kung na-acknowledged po ung immediate resignation ko, hindi daw po nila inapprove and I was tagged as AWOL na daw po. Is the decision valid po ba kahit na nagrender ako ng at least 30 days from my first resignation letter?

107immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:29 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yung 60 day requirement ba ay nasa contract mo?

108immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:53 am

Illyasviel

Arresto Menor

Wala po sya sa contract ko. Ang alam ko po kc matagal cla maghanap ng replacement kaya from my own volition ko ginawa ko na 60 days instead of 30 days. Akala ko po kc kaya ko pa ng 60 days.

109immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:39 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

ibig mong sabihin sinulat mo sa resignation letter mo yung final date mo?

110immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Lyricmuse

Arresto Menor

Hi all -

In my current company, my contract states that I need to render 60 days notice. If I am to shorten this, I am required to pay the company the amount commensurate to my daily rate multiplied by the number of days/weeks that I cut short of  the notice period.

I've already given my resignation, with 30 days notice. They are enforcing the 60 days notice on me. As I cannot work the 60 days, they have already advised our payroll vendor to hold my salary this 15th of August (effectivity of my resignation is 30th August).

Questions:

1) is the 60 days enforceable?
2) is it legal to hold my salary as early as now? (do note that other people who resigned before me, we only hold the salary on the pay period closest to the effective date - in my case, it is the 30th, supposedly)
3) there had been employees before who have resigned and had the same notice period clause as mine (some even 90 days) but they never enforced the notice period. is this something I can contest?

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited by Lyricmuse on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected the wording)

111immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Illyasviel

Arresto Menor

ibig mong sabihin sinulat mo sa resignation letter mo yung final date mo?

Yes po sinulat ko po dun sa first resignation letter.

112immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:45 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

then u have to honor it. nakasulat kasi dun final day of work where u will be officially considered resigned. if mag stop ka any day before that u can be considered awol

113immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

@lyricmuse
1. yes it is.
2. hindi dapat ihold but pwede nilang ijusttify it as final pay parin. i believe if u file a complaint about #2 you may win
3. u wont win if ang reason for complaint is dahil yung iba pinayagan.

sa mga ni cite mo ang winnable is #2 but winning that would merely mean that u get your salary na. before you win a complaint it eill take you around 2 months from date of filing and thats the best case scenario na. dont expect to get anything "extra"

114immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:44 am

Illyasviel

Arresto Menor

What if i am mentally unstable to continue well within the period? So much so that my brain tells me to pick up the nearest ballpen and stabbed myself with it. I'm afraid that at this state, I am more of a danger to others than to myself. I have a history of self harm, and putting me back in there would trigger more depression and push me at breaking point. It's like forcing a cripple to dig his own grave and lay himself in it.

115immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes then kelangan mo ng mo magsubmit ng medical certificate.

116immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:15 am

Lyricmuse

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:@lyricmuse
1. yes it is.  
2. hindi dapat ihold but pwede nilang ijusttify it as final pay parin.  i believe if u file a complaint about #2 you may win
3. u wont win if ang reason for complaint is dahil yung iba pinayagan.  

sa mga ni cite mo ang winnable is #2 but winning that would merely mean that u get your salary na.  before you win a complaint it eill take you around 2 months from date of filing and thats the best case scenario na.  dont expect to get anything "extra"

thanks for the response, appreciate it.

117immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:22 am

emhynrr

Arresto Menor

Ask ko lang po, if pwede ko po ba ipasok yung last 2weeks ng rendering days ko ng half day? Kasi magstart na ako sa new work ko. Breach of contract na din po ba yung ganun? Or double agent if may ganun mang case? Thanks a lot

118immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:57 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

That will depend on your employer kung papayag sila. pag di sila pumayag at nag half day ka pa din, makakasuhan ka ng AWOL, and "double agent" or in other terms moonlighting.

119immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Kim1988

Arresto Menor

Hi po.. Nag awol po ako last dec 19 2018, upon informing my agency he said that i can send an immediate resignation so that wla akong bad records.. About 2 weeks ntanggap ako sisang company which they require me a clearance bgo nila.ako tanggapin.as i spoke with the hr sbi nia po 1.month dw ang release clearance,i ask them to atleast send me any certification letter na pde ipalit s coe or clearance asking them for consideration after all ng wotk ako ng 4 yrs s knila.without any issues.. Reaching my monthly target.. What can i.do

120immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:18 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

You already asked this in a separate thread... why post it here?

Kim1988 wrote:Hi po.. Nag awol po ako last dec 19 2018, upon informing my agency he said that i can send an immediate resignation so that wla akong bad records.. About 2 weeks ntanggap ako  sisang company which they require me a clearance bgo nila.ako tanggapin.as i spoke with the hr sbi nia po 1.month dw ang release clearance,i ask them to atleast send me any certification  letter na pde ipalit s coe or clearance asking them for consideration after all ng wotk ako ng 4 yrs s knila.without any issues.. Reaching my monthly target.. What can i.do

121immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 pm

markvastor

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I badly need your advise regarding my immediate resignation due to a new job contract with other company. I was informed that I need to pay the company for immediate resignation. This payment is equivalent to my daily rate in 30 calendar days, Vacation and Sick leave excluded. Please see attached copy of the policy. Shall I must pay the company for my resignation?.immediate resignation - Page 5 Captur10

122immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

No. You need not pay the Company. You only need to pay the Company if the Regular court mandated you to pay. The Company has to file a case of collection of money (for damages) first before they can demand any amount from you.

123immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:48 pm

markvastor

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:No. You need not pay the Company. You only need to pay the Company if the Regular court mandated you to pay. The Company has to file a case of collection of money (for damages) first before they can demand any amount from you.

Thank you so much.

124immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:50 pm

markvastor

Arresto Menor

markvastor wrote:
HrDude wrote:No. You need not pay the Company. You only need to pay the Company if the Regular court mandated you to pay. The Company has to file a case of collection of money (for damages) first before they can demand any amount from you.

Thank you so much.

Just to make it clear, what sort of damages?

125immediate resignation - Page 5 Empty Re: immediate resignation Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:44 am

Pio25

Arresto Menor

Good am Atty,
I have a question this one is regarding my current employer. I made an immediate resignation due to my medical condition. I had an operation in my throat. I need to resign immediately bec I will not be able to perform well in my work. They did not accept my resignation. What should I do? And now they are sending me letters that I am already AWOL however I cooperate this one with my supervisor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum