Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

definition of absence in reference to maternity leave

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

olweizhunter

Arresto Menor

I just came from a maternity leave. I went back to work on June 18, 2011. We are being paid semi-monthly, with a cut-off period of 9th-23rd and 24th-8th of each month. So this 30th of June, my salary is covering the cut-off of 9th-23rd of the month. My salary was computed as five days of work (18-22, 23rd being rest day) and nine days of absence. (9-17) We get paid P9, 000 semi-monthly. So my net pay for the 30th was just more than P1, 500.00. Our finance manager was insisting that their computation was correct because I was "absent" during the days I was on my ML. They said that SSS all ready paid me on those days, so they have to deduct those days against my salary. I need help on what to do. Was that even legal? Thanks!

attyLLL

were they days that you worked, but were not paid for?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

olweizhunter

Arresto Menor

In our company, you get paid with your basic pay divided by two, regardless of the days of work. Then if you were absent, you will just get deducted that absence. For our cut-off of 9th-23rd of the month, I went to work between 18-22, because 23rd is our team's rest day. On the 9th-17th, I wasn't required to go to work because I was still on maternity leave. Which means I wasn't really absent on the 9th-17th because I wasn't required to go to work. So why did they deduct nine days of absence from my pay? I had a net pay of P1, 500.00 + after working five days in a cut off. I work in a call center, so that doesn't seem right. My salary seemed like below minimum...

attyLLL

if you availed of the maternity leave benefit, then those days were already paid for.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum