Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

whats due process?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1whats due process? Empty whats due process? Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:05 am

jocelynmsaulog

Arresto Menor

I have this scenario. I filed a blotter June 5 against this tanod for abuse of authority, harassment and animal abuse. I was advised to file it formally at the office of the Barangay Captain the next day. I didnt get the chance to do so. After two days i was sent a notice of hearing for oral defamation and threat from the same tanod which apparently i didnt get to attend. i submitted a complaint letter a day before the hearing but much to my surprise i was sent again a notice of hearing. I figured my letter didnt hold much water So i really dont know what to do. Im a bit confused. Will his filing ahead of me even with the evidence of a blotter make my case against him weak? I really dont know whats due process here? Should you want me to send a copy of my complaint letter please advise.

2whats due process? Empty Re: whats due process? Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:20 am

rchrd

rchrd

Good morning!

Due process means you will not be judged until your side is first heard.
The Notice of Hearing seeks to comply with your right to due process by calling you to attend the hearing so that your complaint or your answer to a complaint against you may be heard.
Check the Notices that you recieved. They might refer to two different cases. One is where you are the complainant and the other one is where you are the respondent.

Last edited by rchrd on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum