Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

sexual harassment vs slander

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1sexual harassment vs slander Empty sexual harassment vs slander Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:05 pm

rafaelnandito

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir!

Thanks really for this website all of us with nowhere to go for legal advice can easily have one through this forum.

I have favor to ask:

My subordinate filed a harassment case against me and a deliberation was done and final decision was made by the investigating team, it even issued a statement that there is really no real evidence against me. Thus they cleared me but put me in an assignment where i don't have to handle people.

During and after the process a gag request was given to all concerned.

But months after that subordinate would share with matching drama the information regarding the case to all her co employees and would even malign me even to her present managers.

Can I file a case for slander?

It has given me sleepless nights thinking of getting back at her. My family and kids are also affected since my new position has less income generating potential.

I just had a mild heart attack because of it.

Can she still file the same sexual harassment case in court. even if its already proven it was not true in our company.

What would be my chance to win a case of slander against her vs her filing a subsequent sexual harassment case against me?

Maraming salamat....,

I really would like to ask this because this is the reason I would like to ask if I can withdraw my investment once I resigned because the reason why my subordinate filed a harassment case against me is because i confronted her and she admitted to forge signatures of our customers in her customer calls. Unfortunately in my desire to give her a second chance I returned her resignation letter and the only evidence i had (foolish and so naive of me) so that she will change her ways and she will commit to the company and do a better work. But instead she a filed a sexual harassment case against me with a the help of another manager who has a beef against me.

My take now is that she has this idea of "dead men tell no tales" or rather terminated employee can no longer spread what she did.

You might say she is evil, I say she really is.

I really need help on this because really.

It affected me and my whole family,

Waiting for anyone to respond.

2sexual harassment vs slander Empty Re: sexual harassment vs slander Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:10 pm

attyLLL

yes, she can still file a criminal case against you even if the company cleared you. it will depend on the evidence whether it will prosper.

you can initiate an internal admin case against her also. ask those people she told her story to tell what she said.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3sexual harassment vs slander Empty Re: sexual harassment vs slander Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:01 am

rafaelnandito

Arresto Menor

Dear AttyLLL,

Thanks really for this reply.

I have two of her team mates who are willing to support what I am saying.

But they are afraid. Since the Boss of their Boss is quite fond of the employee I am referring to.

If ever, since sexual harassment is a criminal case. Is slander a criminal case too?

Regarding her evidences against me there is none except her concocted stories that initially and easily believed by a co- manager that has been waiting for a chance to get back at me.

This is really my dilemma.

4sexual harassment vs slander Empty Re: sexual harassment vs slander Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:51 pm

attyLLL

yes, slander is a criminal case also.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5sexual harassment vs slander Empty sexual harassment vs slander Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:13 am

rafaelnandito

Arresto Menor

Maraming salamat.

This will do for the time being. I just have to talk to my superiors since once she filed for sexual harassment in court she has to involve to respondents our company too.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum