Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DEMAND OF PAYMENT AND IGNORING BARANGAY SUMMONS 3 TIMES

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

banz09

Arresto Menor

Hello po.

These are the details of the case:

1. I was given a new cellphone worth 14,000.00, however, i only made an initial payment of 4,000.00 and we had a verbal agreement with the cellshop owner that i will pay the remaining balance by installment basis.

2. we did not make any written agreement, he has only the receipt of the initial payment I made earlier.

2. I have failed several times to pay installment of the remaining balance and he filed a complaint in the barangay and the complaint was DEMAND OF PAYMENT.

3. I wasnt the 1 who personally received the 2 summons but the last summon i personally received it.

WILL THERE BE LEGAL REPERCUSSIONS IF I WILL STILL IGNORE THE LAST SUMMON OF THE BARANGAY? wHAT WILL BE THE SPECIFIC ACTIONS OF THE BRGY IF I WILL IGNORE THE LAST SUMMON? IS THERE A PLAUSIBLE CIVIL CASE THE COMPLAINANT CAN BRING TO COURT AFTER THE BARANGAY?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

TiagoMontiero

Prision Correccional

Section 515. Refusal or Failure of Any Party or Witness to Appear before the Lupon or Pangkat. - Refusal or willful failure of any party or witness to appear before the lupon or pangkat in compliance with a summons issued pursuant to the provisions on the Katarungang Pambarangay under Chapter 7, Title III of this Code may be punished by the city or municipal court as for indirect contempt of court (up to 1 month imprisonment)upon application filed therewith by the lupon chairman, the pangkat chairman, or by any of the contending parties. Such refusal or willful failure to appear shall be reflected in the records of the lupon secretary or in the minutes of the pangkat secretary and shall bar the complainant who fails to appear, from seeking judicial recourse for the same cause of action, and the respondent who refuses to appear, from filing any counterclaim arising out of, or necessarily connected with the complaint.

banz09

Arresto Menor

thank you for the replies!

Just today, I was informed also that the Brgy Chairman will be filing a contempt of court in the MTC. Could you please inform me about contempt of court, punishments and remedies when they filed a contempt of court from the case above.

Thank you very much.

TiagoMontiero

Prision Correccional

Contempt of court is any act of disrespect to a body/tribunal which is punishable by fine or imprisonment, in your case, up to 1 month.

5DEMAND OF PAYMENT AND IGNORING BARANGAY SUMMONS 3 TIMES Empty court decision Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:39 am

ei8ht888

Arresto Menor

TiagoMontiero wrote:Contempt of court is any act of disrespect to a body/tribunal which is punishable by fine or imprisonment, in your case, up to 1 month.

Hi, how about if the respondent ignores court subpoena?

Also (civil case) if the respondent refuse to pay what the court ordered him to pay, for example, complainant demanded the reimbursement of the total cost of construction of the property. this with regards to co-ownership.

i hope someone would care to answer, it would be highly appreciated

thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum