Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

bereavement leave

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bereavement leave Empty bereavement leave Mon May 30, 2011 4:59 pm

rommel0517

Arresto Menor

good afternoon.

Atty, yung sister in law ko namatay po yung tatay nya, hindi po sya pumasok ng 5 days pro na inform naman po nya yung HR namatayan po sya ng magulang. Nag file po sya ng bereavement leave pro d po binigay sa kanya kaya yung absent nya ng 5 days eh without pay, sabi sya kanya i offset na lang sa Vacation Leave. sister i law ko po ang nag work as branch manager.
Ang Tanong ko po ay ito, Tama po ba ang ginawa ng company sa kanya na without pay at at gawing VL yung Bereavement Leave.
maraming salamat at more power

2bereavement leave Empty Re: bereavement leave Mon May 30, 2011 9:26 pm

sureshock2000

lawyer

Funeral Leave for an Immediate Family Member:

When a death occurs in an employee’s immediate family, all regular full time employees may take up to three (3) days off with pay to attend the funeral or make funeral arrangements. The pay for time off will be prorated for a part-time employee if the funeral occurs on a scheduled work day. The Company may require verification of the need for the leave.

Immediate Family Defined for Bereavement Leave:
Immediate family members are defined as an employee’s spouse, parents, stepparents, siblings, children, stepchildren, grandparent, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, or grandchild.

Non-family Member Funeral Leave:

All regular, full-time employees may take up to one (1) day off with pay to attend the funeral of a close, non-family member. This time off will be considered by the employee's supervisor on a case-by-case basis. The pay for time off will be prorated for a part-time employee if the funeral occurs on scheduled work days. The supervisor should confirm that the time is recorded accurately on the timecards. The
Company may require verification of the need for the leave.

The Company understands the deep impact that death can have on an individual or a family, therefore additional non-paid time off may be granted. The employee may make arrangements with his or her supervisor for an additional four unpaid days off in the instance of the death of an immediate family member. Additional unpaid time off may be granted depending on the circumstances such as distance and the individual’s responsibility for funeral arrangements.

3bereavement leave Empty Re: bereavement leave Tue May 31, 2011 3:11 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

rommel0517 -

does their company have a bereavement leave policy?

http://www.councilviews.com

4bereavement leave Empty Re: bereavement leave Tue May 31, 2011 8:43 am

rommel0517

Arresto Menor

To Lawyer thanks po sa respond. more power and god bless.
@ council i dont know if they have bereavement leave.

5bereavement leave Empty Re: bereavement leave Tue May 31, 2011 7:18 pm

attyLLL

i don't believe there is a bereavement leave provided by law (please correct me if i am wrong), so it is proper to just deduct it from her vl

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6bereavement leave Empty Re: bereavement leave Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:17 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

yes, i don't recall any bereavement leave provision in the LC either thus I asked if the company has a policy on it.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum