Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Having a dual job

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Having a dual job Empty Having a dual job Sat May 21, 2011 6:57 am

ed_ae101

Arresto Menor

I'm working on a callcenter and I just had an offer in another callcenter with the same exact job. Is there any issue here like conflict of interest besides to the point that I will try to work in 2 callcenters? I've been working from my first callcenter for almost 5 years and since then I didn't sign any contract and I'm on a regular status. Thanks and more power! Very Happy

2Having a dual job Empty Re: Having a dual job Sat May 21, 2011 1:25 pm

attyLLL

if you really want to be safe, you should disclose this to BOTH employers, else you will find yourself in trouble with both.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Having a dual job Empty Re: Having a dual job Sun May 22, 2011 10:46 am

ed_ae101

Arresto Menor

If both parties doesn't know what's the worse thing they could do if they know?

4Having a dual job Empty Re: Having a dual job Sun May 22, 2011 6:39 pm

attyLLL

disciplinary action if it interferes with your job. worse, if there is a real conflict of interest.

5Having a dual job Empty Re: Having a dual job Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:51 am

guinette_eve

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I have something to consult which is somewhat similar to the thread starter's.

I have been employed for more than three years with my current company and just filed a resignation effective July 20 due to a better offer/opportunity. I will be starting my work with my new employer which is of the same business as the former and my immediate supervisor know about this. Even my recruitment office for the new company knew about this and told me if that it is fine since the resignation is in process. But, if I am still worried about any issues that any conflicts of interest would arise, I can fill out a declaration form.

My question, even though both parties knew about the current situation, pwede pa rin po ba maging malaking issue to? Also, narinig ko kasi na maari daw nilang tawagan yung new company kapag mas marami pa raw sa employee nila ang nagresign at lumipat dun. At ang sabi nila, conflict of interest daw yun kasi it needs 3 months bago ako magwork sa company of the same industry. This refers to the non-compete clause, right? Gaano po ba kalaki ang impact ng non-compete clause na to and what will happen if this is violated?

Thanks po! ^_^

6Having a dual job Empty Re: Having a dual job Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:48 am

attyLLL

first, is there really a written contract which you signed and has a non-compete clause?

7Having a dual job Empty Re: Having a dual job Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:00 am

guinette_eve

Arresto Menor

I did sign a contract but I cannot remember something that there is a non-compete clause mentioned with the one I signed from my previous employer. Though, I still have to check my previous contract again.

But, if in case there is, what problems could arise? I already informed both companies, the one wherein my resignation is in process and with my new employer.

So far, they have not taken any actions yet that could affect my career but I am afraid that they might do so when in the future, more members of the team resign and transfer to the one I am in.

Thanks! ^_^

8Having a dual job Empty Re: Having a dual job Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:38 am

attyLLL

what you should not do is recruit others.

as for the non-compete clause, it is enforceable, but the company has to go to court to do so

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum