Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can a relatives/ sister be a witness?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can a relatives/ sister be a witness?  Empty Can a relatives/ sister be a witness? Thu May 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Arizonhothunter

Arresto Menor

Good day everyone! I am new to this site and I am looking forward that you can share me your legal advice. I am about to file a case against my neighbor but the problem is the people who happens to hear the defamatory words doesn't want to involve themselves in the case. Can my sister be the witness? If you know certain provisions in the law. PLease indicate since the brgy captain is bias and wanted me to stop the case since according to him I don't have any witness. Thank you very much !

attyLLL

the bgy has no authority to decide who is right. it can only try to make the parties reconcile. if no settlement is reached, just get the certificate to file action.

yes, your sister can be a witness. it will depend on your presentation if she is credible.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Can a relatives/ sister be a witness?  Empty Thank you for the reply Fri May 13, 2011 7:00 pm

Arizonhothunter

Arresto Menor

Atty LL, this is for you.. can you give me a citation in the law on what article it is that a sister can witness because the brgy captain doesn't believe in me . Thanks

attyLLL

there is no legal rule on evidence specifically stating that a sister can testify in behalf of a sibling. it is the general rule that applies, that a person who has the ability to perceive and can relate her perception may be a witness.

don't be too tied up with what the bgy captain says. as long as no settlement is reached, just demand your CFA.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum