Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deed of Donation Inquiry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Deed of Donation Inquiry Empty Deed of Donation Inquiry Fri May 06, 2011 10:36 pm

nengeetot

Arresto Menor

Good Day!

I just want to ask, are there differences between a Deed of Donation and a Donation Causa Mortis? Can we just proclaim a Donation as Causa Mortis? Lastly, may I know the process in filing a Deed of Donation? What are the things we need to remember before and after we file one?

Thanks!

2Deed of Donation Inquiry Empty Donation Mortis Causa Fri May 06, 2011 11:47 pm

sureshock2000

lawyer

Donation Mortis causa is instituted by the DOnor to the donee during his lifetime. It would only have the force and effect upon the demise of the donor.

On normal circumstances, this procedure is instituted by the donor to insure legality that donee or legal heirs will be given their respective properties. The donor should sign the donation mortis causa infront of three (3) witnesses and this is specific "during the signing" otherwise the donation will be rendered defective. WHy is this so, the probate court will ask the witnesses if indeed the donor really signed the donation in his own freewill to protect the donor from coercion and or under duress at the time of his signing.

After signing have it notarized and a copy should be given to the notary public for future reference.

3Deed of Donation Inquiry Empty Re: Deed of Donation Inquiry Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 pm

nengeetot

Arresto Menor

Does it require that the deed need to be signed by the donor in front of the lawyer? Since she finds it difficult to go to places due to old age.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum