Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Notice of Resignation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Notice of Resignation Empty Notice of Resignation Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:25 am

teng

Arresto Menor

I am having problems with regard to my tendering of Resignation. I have signed a contract that I should render 2 mos. Notice of Resignation. I did not mind it before because I thought my company is a good company since it is part of the Fortune 500, and given the fact that I am a Fresh graduate back then.

My salary is no longer enough for my Daily needs that's why I 've asked my Boss if I will have an increase. They already showed me a memo that I was promoted a job grade higher and that is effective April 1 2011. Upto now I haven't received any additional pay on my payslip. They keep on promising that I will have an increase, and my papers were already on the President's office. (I do not have a copy of the memo)

So I've decided that I would like to resign, and It has been tough on applying since I have to tell on my interview that I still have to render 2 mos in my current company. To my surprise, The Labor Code states that an employee can "atleast submit 1 (mo.) notice of resignation."

Can I contest to the company that I will only render 1 month for my resignation since it is stated in the labor code? Can I say that the contract has been unlawful, which implies that It is void or something? Please advice. I really need help.

2Notice of Resignation Empty Re: Notice of Resignation Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:46 pm

attyLLL

i recommend that you first write an email inquiring about the status of your promotion and whether your increase will be retroactive to 01 april. do not make ultimatums because that will kill your career.

airline pilots and engineers are required to give 6 month notice, but it is required by law due to the scarcity of replacements.

employment contracts have public interest. if there is no compelling reason to require you to render more than 1 month notice period, i would argue that the provision is void. nevertheless, it is better to try to negotiate an exit.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum