Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unmarried son of a US permanent resident was approved after getting married.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ikzodor

Arresto Menor

my husband was petitioned by his US permanent resident parents in 2002 when he was still single. We got married in 2008 after waiting for his visa approval for 6 years. In 2009, it was approved. Now, his parents are US citizens. What happens to his visa petition? Should his parents re-apply? how long are we going to wait again? We are planning to send a letter of appeal to the US immigration but we're not sure if it's going to help anyway. Please advise. Thanks.

sureshock2000

lawyer

In your case, the approved petition will render defective by the US immigration if you will not report the change of your marital status, because the approved petition of your hubby was that, he was still single when the petition was filed. I suggest you inform the embassy on the change of your hubby's status. You can not hide it because NSO and the US embassy have the online link on its data base.

As to the application of the change of status by the petitioner, they will know if the petitioner already change her status from US immigrant to US citizen. If ever you do not act on it- meaning the petitoner opt to stay on the original status, it would be a longer waiting period because, under the US immigration law, there citizens are on top of their priority as to its previleges than a US permanent resident.

I also suggest you browse the US immigration website, information on diffrent cases are presented, so you can be guided and 1st hand information. avoid getting info from travel agencies as they may jeopardize your case in the embassy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum