Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adoption of a US resident in the US

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Adoption of a US resident in the US Empty Adoption of a US resident in the US Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:17 pm

pcegay

Arresto Menor

my niece, who was born here in the PI, was abandoned by her biological mother since birth. It was my brother (the biological father) & sister who has had custody of the child since then. They all migrated to the US in 2005 and my brother was able to bring my niece after the court ruled custody of said child to my brother. My sister, who has helped bringing up the child since birth married a US citizen and they had decided to adopt my niece. The US Court had realeased a finalization of the adoption decree this Jan of 2016. My brother in law is in the US Army and is now requesting for the amended birth certificate of said child (my niece has not yet filed for US citizenship). What are the procedures in getting an NSO certified BC of my niece with her new adoptive parent's name?

2Adoption of a US resident in the US Empty Re: Adoption of a US resident in the US Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:43 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

Check with DSWD. there is another procedure in Philippines. IMO, since the child is in fact a Filipino citizen, PH rules should be followed.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum