Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Re: How can I file for the child support for a US citizen resident

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mitch_manese

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty,

I am the mother of a 10 yr old daughter to a US citizen (though he is also a Filipino) and he was a resident to Missouri for almost 20 yrs. My daughter was born out of wedlock and she was only 2 yrs old when he abandoned us without giving a financial support to our daughter. Though we are unmarried, he acknowledged her on the birth certificate. After the separation, he had promised that he will continue to give her the financial support because he was afraid at that time that he will not get his green card application. But after 5 months after getting his citizenship, he had stop suddenly giving us the alibi that he had other obligations.

Please help me where I can file the child support…I had all the supporting documents to support that he had acknowledged my daughter during the time that we are still on a common law husband/wife relationship. Can I file for the child support directly at US Embassy? I will appreciate the reply that you can extend to me.

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

US embassy will not get involve! but if he has dual nationality, you can still chase after him. ensure you have his details and address in US so they can send him demand.

mitch_manese

Arresto Menor

yes, he has a dual citizenship.but where shall I file for the complain for the child support?I have all the details regarding his address and contact numbers.

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

You can open a case RA9262 against him in the Philippines and it will be reported to the Philippines embassy in the US. You cannot chase after him under US law.

mitch_manese

Arresto Menor

thank you for the reply...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum