Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possession of Real Property

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Possession of Real Property Empty Possession of Real Property Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:58 pm

munchitong

Arresto Menor

My name is Monaliza C. Soria from Pangasinan. I would just like to seek advice, opinions and enlightenment regarding a real property matter (residential lot). Please allow me to state the details of my query.
Here is the scenario: We don't own the land we are residing at, but when the owner is still alive she gave my grandparents and the other occupants a written permission and consent to occupy this land without rent or lease. (She even stated in that document that she binds herself his only son as the only heir, and that if his son decides to sell the lot, he should give the occupants the first preferential right to buy).
But when my grandfather died, a relative (not the son/legal heir) started to collect payment/rent from the occupants, and explained to them that it is to be used to pay taxes for the houses the occupants built in their lot (the owner is already deceased that time). To their innocence, they paid even without any lease agreement, believing it is their responsibility to pay.
Now, those relatives are selling the lot to us...claiming they own it and that the owner gave this to them as a gift.As a buyer, I demand for the TCT or any document that can prove they own it but they can not show any solid evidence or clear document. They are just showing the Tax Declaration as evidence stating the name of the declared owner...(they started paying tax, 2003 but my grandparents is living here more than 50 years now. They are even actually forcing and threatening us to pay full payment or else they would sell it to others. But i objected and said i won't buy this unless they give me any convincing proof....
The declared owner is now in Canada, his brother is the one doing the transaction to us. He has no SPA. He said he would only show his SPA if we already have fully paid. He's obviously fooling us, but we don't know as to what actions should we do first. Can we file any complaint against him?
I would really appreciate your opinion regarding this matter. My grandparents lives here for more than 50 years now. I want to give them the right they deserve. But i am the only one objecting. All my aunts already wants to buy it...(para wala raw pong gulo)

The property is untitled po.

Last edited by munchitong on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to say whether the property is titled or not.)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum