Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Five times flunker

+10
ednaearl
brazil
jigsaw
wez
rchrd
bardoblas
lancer
counci_she
lornellmcodilla
PIPS
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Five  times  flunker Empty Five times flunker Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:04 am

PIPS

Arresto Menor

I flunk the bar five times already, don't know if I could be allowed to retake considering that there is a five strike rule for the repeaters. It is very discouraging, the repeaters could not have a chance to become a lawyer Crying or Very sad

2Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:02 am

lornellmcodilla

Arresto Menor

hi pips! i think you have to re enroll the law course from 1st year to 4th yr in order to be allowed to take the bar exams again. im not sure on this but i think it make sense cause you will be considered a fresh graduate then. if im right, you have still a chance to become a lawyer as long as your age warrants.

3Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:37 pm

PIPS

Arresto Menor

Thanks for sharing your idea lornellmcodilla, but it could not be considering that in the petition to take the bar, the petitioner should state therein the number of times he took the bar...I inquired from the office of the Bar Confidant, and they advise me to file a Petition to Lift the Five Strike Rule in Bar Matter 116...Hopefully, the SC will lift it soon...

4Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:47 pm

counci_she

Arresto Menor

yes, I agree. SC should lift the five strike rule, coz it kills many aspiring lawyers emotionally and spiritually

5Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:24 pm

lancer

Arresto Menor

to lift the five strike rule means to discard the good purpose of SC. maybe a compromise is to amend the rule by barring forever those flunkers who get a passing grade 50% and below in their first three consecutive attempts and for other flunkers, they be allowed to take up to 5 times, after 4 years if they flunk in the fifth attempt and every 5 years thereafter if they still flunk. i think this is better than killing their aspirations early. a petition to amend maybe has a better chance to be approved than to lift the rule. what to do you think pips?

6Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:30 pm

PIPS

Arresto Menor

Lance@ It is also a better idea...

7Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:34 pm

PIPS

Arresto Menor

counci_she: You are correct...It is not easy to graduate in a law school then after all you will forever barred.

8Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Fri May 20, 2011 3:58 pm

bardoblas

bardoblas
Arresto Menor

great idea lance!

9Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:31 pm

rchrd

rchrd

I flunk the bar five times already, don't know if I could be allowed to retake considering that there is a five strike rule for the repeaters. It is very discouraging, the repeaters could not have a chance to become a lawyer Crying or Very sad

LATE VIEWER EH! A PETITION TO LIFT OR AT LEAST MODIFY THE 5 STRIKE RULE IS A GOOD IDEA NOW ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THE SITUATIONS WERE CHANGED BY THE MCQ FORMAT. IT IS EASY TO CHECK PAPERS NOW SO THE BURDEN OF THE EXAMINER WAS MUCH LESSENED. I KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO TOOK THE BAR AND PASSED ON HIS 7th try. HE IS NOW A JUDGE MIND U. HAD THE 5 STRIKE RULE BEEN ENFORCED DURING HIS TIME, THE SC COULD NOT HAVE HAD THE CHANCE TO KNOW THAT HE COULD BE A JUDGE. I ENCOURAGE U TO LOOK FOR SOME COMPANY SO IT WILL BECOME A CLASS ACTION.

10Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39 am

wez

Arresto Menor

good idea lancer, they should separate those 5peaters who averaged 50% and below and those above 50%. there are many who only fell short by 3 points or less some less than 1 point in their five takes. you can say that the 2nd group have a big chance of passing it so why deprive them of the chance.. i hope the SC would consider this..

11Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:07 pm

jigsaw

Arresto Menor

hi guys....late viewer also...also a five time flunker, took the first three consecutively right after I graduated in 1996. then took the two again last 2008 and 2011 , of course with the required refresher courses. now my question is, am i no longer allowed to take the bar again? does the 5-bar rule apply to despite even though five bar rule took effect in 2004?

12Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:07 pm

rchrd

rchrd

JIgsaw:
you mean you will be taking this 2011 bar? Or you took the bar last year already?

5 strike counts the takes previous to 2004 i believe.

There news though that the Phil Ass of Law Schools filed a petition asking that for those taking the 2011 bar provided not over 5 takes, this bar will not be included in the counting. Unconfirmed pa kung ano ang result ng petition.

13Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 pm

brazil

Arresto Menor

It would be better if there will be a proper petition for this to totally strike out the five strike rule. It is killing the aspirations of would be lawyers. What we need are good and god-fearing lawyers to improve our justice system and not those intelligent, greedy, manipulative lawyers na nakapasa nga sa bar ng one take lang but kung mag practice naman ng profession sagad sa buto ang pag aalipustangan sa law profession.

14Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:42 pm

brazil

Arresto Menor

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/insights/04/03/10/bar-exam-take-it-pass-it-and-move-3-%E2%80%93-carlo-osi

15Five  times  flunker Empty five strike rule Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 am

ednaearl

Arresto Menor

hi guys! any news kung na lift na ang 5 strike rule ng SC?

16Five  times  flunker Empty 5 Strike Rule Lifted Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:52 pm

gamanikong

Arresto Mayor

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/480399/sc-removes-five-strike-rule-for-bar-examinees:D Very Happy

colorblindJustice

Arresto Menor

MANILA, Philippines–The Supreme Court en banc lifted Tuesday the five-strike rule in taking the bar examinations, high court spokesman Theodore Te said.
He said the rule was lifted after the SC en banc adopted a recommendation by a study group to lift the five-strike policy starting on the bar exams in 2014.
The five-strike rule states that one cannot take the bar exams for more than five times.
“The five-strike rule says if you fail it three times, before you can take it for the fourth time, you have to comply with certain conditions. And if you fail it for the fourth time, take it for the fifth time, you have to comply with certain conditions. Beyond that, hindi ka na pwedeng kumuha. Now that is lifted,” Te explained.
He said the lifting of the rule cannot be applied to this year’s examination as the list of probable bar candidates has already been published.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/480399/sc-removes-five-strike-rule-for-bar-examinees#ixzz2dpvQQNWZ
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

18Five  times  flunker Empty ask lang Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:35 am

yongski4217

Arresto Menor

Gud pm ask ko lang kung ano eefect ng lifting ng five strike rule sa refresher course?kelangan pa ba mag refresh after three failures at dapat pumasa ba?tnx

19Five  times  flunker Empty Re: Five times flunker Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 pm

busty

Arresto Menor

I am thinking the same question! Do I have to take the refresher course to take the bar exam?????????scratch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum