Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 times jailed with no final verdict? Illegal arrest?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lenar_2010

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir Ma'am,
Good day po Attorney.
Nais ko po sanang idulog para sa legal na advice ukol po sa isang kababaryo ko sa San Manuel, Tarlac para maipaabot sa magulang nung binatang ikinulong para man lang maramdaman din nila kahit papano ang tamang hustisya.

Mangyari pong yung binatang iyon ay nakasuhan sa salang pagtaga (gulok) sa magpinsan na amin ding kababaryo. Medyo malala yung tama ng babae at di gaano naman yung pinsang lalake nung una.

Isinuko ng Ama ng suspek yung anak sa aming kapitan sa pag-asang baka maayos iyon pero ang nangyari'y naging saksi yung Kapitan sa Korte nung magdemanda yung babae.

Nakulong po yung binata ng mahigit dalawang taon ng hindi padin natatapos ang mga pagdinig. At dahil wala ng maipresentang testigo ang nagsampa at nang review-hin nila (bagong judge na nag-precide) ay nakitang nakulong na ng mahigit dalawang taon yung suspek.

So ang nagyari, kinausap po nung judge yung binata at tinanong kung nais niya na bang lumaya (kasi parang nagbubulungan yung mga Prosecutor, judge at clerks na parang antagal na...at ako nung araw na yun ay andun din sa korte para sa ibang pagdinig). Sa madali't sabi, nagpalabas sila ng kautusan na ipaalam sa mga magulang na may aayusing Papeles para sa paglaya ng anak nila (di nanaka-attend yung mga magulang nung bata dahil sa kawalan ng pamasahe at walang masyadong kaalaman dahil di nakapag-aral. At nakalaya na nga po sa loob ng Linggong yung nakulong na binata..

Pagkalipas po ng ilang araw, habang ang binata ay mahimbing na natutulog po sa bahay nila, habang wala ang mga magulang, bigla daw pong nagdatingan yung mga Pulis at binitbit ang binata, isinakay sa Mobile at uli na namang ikinulong.

Nung mabalitaan ng mga magulang ang nangyari, pinuntahan ang ang mga pulis para itanong kung ano ang kaso. Ang sabi daw po ng mga Pulis, nagdemanda daw naman yung pinsan nung babae, yung lalakeng kasamang nataga. Itinanong po ng magulang kung may warrant, ang sagot ay wala daw po.

Nagyari po ang pangalawang pagkulong nitong mga first quarter nitong taon at hanggang ngayon ay di man lang nadadalaw ng magulang yung anak sa kulungan dahil sa ito ay may kalayuan. Kapos sa pera.

- Ang tanong ko po ay tama po ba yung naging procedure ng kapulisan sa Paghuli at pagdala sa binata? At tama din po ba na ganun ang pagka-demanda nung binata? Na dalawang ulit na magka-ibang panahon sa magkaibang tao sa iisang pangyayari at panahon?

Ano po ba ang magandang gawin ng maibsan naman po ang hinagpis nung mga magulang?

Maraming salamat po Attorney.

zulfikarl

lawyer

@lenar

Please forgive me for replying to you in English because I am from Cebu and my Tagalog is terrible.

1. Ang tanong ko po ay tama po ba yung naging procedure ng kapulisan sa Paghuli at pagdala sa binata?

Answer: The arrest was illegal. The case does not fall under instances when "warrantless arrest" may be made. A warrantless arrest may be made only under exceptional circumstances. These are: a) When the person to be arrested is "caught in the act" (i.e. inflagrante delicto) b) When the person to be arrested is an "Escapee" of a penal establishment. These are instances when a person may be arrested without warrant. The proper procedure should have been to file a case and if the Judge finds "probable cause", that is only the time when a warrant of arrest can be issued.

2. At tama din po ba na ganun ang pagka-demanda nung binata? Na dalawang ulit na magka-ibang panahon sa magkaibang tao sa iisang pangyayari at panahon?

Answer: Under Athe principle of double jeopardy, no person can be prosecuted twice for the same offense. However, the same does not apply in this case since the second prosecution was for a different offense.

Under American jurisprudence, there is such a thing as the doctrine of "collateral estoppel". It means the state can no longer hale the accused back to court if it has failed to litigate the "same issue" otherwise, it will place the accused under double jeopardy. Unfortunately, in Philippine jurisprudence, double jeopardy is understood in the context of "same offense" not "same issue".

Hence, in this case, the accused may still be charged for the second offense although it arose out of the "same issue" as the first case.

wolverine2

wolverine2
lawyer

lenar_2010

Anu ba yung pangalawang kaso sa binata? Baka kasi pwedeng nagprescribe na at pwede itong maging depensa.

42 times jailed with no final verdict? Illegal arrest? Empty 2 times.... Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:12 pm

lenar_2010

Arresto Menor

wolverine wrote:lenar_2010

Anu ba yung pangalawang kaso sa binata? Baka kasi pwedeng nagprescribe na at pwede itong maging depensa.

Hi Good Day po Attorney. Thank you so much po for the immediate advice.. Actually I will be going back to province next next week po. I am here po kasi in Cavite working in a factory, I usually go home during Payday if i have the budget- cause I'm a family-man. The reason I am trying to seek such kind of legal advice Attorney is that at least in one way or another I can help ease the heavy burden and sorrow of Joel's (detained) parents. Try to relay them your generous legal advice so that they would know what to expect or to do in order to protect there son's rights.I wish to accompany them to the proper court (kasi mag-aatubili po silang magtanong and kahit papano'y makarating po sila dun kasi sa financial constraints po nila... we'll ask the details You would want to ask Attorney para masagot po yung nais niyo pa pong malaman para sa inyong legal advise po. Kasi po ni minsan, they have not seen there son, since he was again apprehended. Salamat po and hope to hear from you again Attorney..

btw Attorney what steps should we do? Should we go first in jail, where he was imprisoned and ask there? Or to the court where the case is filed and ask Attorney? What will be the concerns we need to ask po?

Thank you Very much and God Bless You PO
May God Send His Angels to watch over you always because people like you are so kind at hindi pinagdadamot ang karunungan at kakayanan..

Salamat po

attyLLL

visit him first and ask what is the status of his case. has he been already arraigned and who is his PAO atty, if any. consult with his lawyer.

you may have an action against the police who arrested him for illegal arrest, but this does not invalidate the current proceedings.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

lenar_2010

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:visit him first and ask what is the status of his case. has he been already arraigned and who is his PAO atty, if any. consult with his lawyer.

you may have an action against the police who arrested him for illegal arrest, but this does not invalidate the current proceedings.

Yes Attorney, that will I do.. Thank you Sir and looking forward to hear from you again as soon as I get the info and will consult it again to you Attorney...
regards and God Bless..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum