Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jailed for unpaid note

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jailed for unpaid note Empty Jailed for unpaid note Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:32 am

guylooking41

Arresto Menor

My friend borrowed on 12/6/13, 90,000Php @ 5%/mo for a term of 4 months and note allowed a penalty of 2050Php for late payments. Due to 2 extended hospitalizations no payments were made.

The Holder of the note filed a complaint and my friend was held at the police station pending payment of the note. I negotiated with the note holder full and final release for 90000Php which note holder signed & she withdrew the complaint. She has now filed another complaint looking to collect penalties and interest and threatens to have my friend re-arrested.

Q1: Based on what I have read online this arrest appears to be illegal. Am I being scammed by my friend?
Q2: Based on executed full and final release how can note holder execute another complaint?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum