Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unfair labor practice. Management refused to pay my incentives

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wewelang

Arresto Menor

I'll try my best to explain everything in details. I'm hoping that someone will be able to give me an advice on what exactly I have to do. I'm a working student(accountancy) and I badly need money to finish my studies.

This is the 4th time that they're taking away my performance incentives(yung pangatlo na dispute ata dahil nag banta akong magdodole ako). I am working in a call center and we have this tool which we use to help our customers. This tool is like an assistant tool which will guide you on what kind of offers or suggestions you can make to your customers. Pwede naming i-offer sa customer na mag-add sila ng bagong phone line or tablet or kumuha ng bagong phone(upgrade). Yung mga offers na nabanggit ko eh nagkakaroon kami ng commission. Aside from that, if we managed to exceed the goal for some of the metrics eh we earn bonuses too. So nakapag-earn ako ng total of 13kphp worth of bonuses(pang midterm na to) dahil na exceed ko ung metric at may mga mangilan ngilan akong commission. But here's the problem, yung mga QA doon sa amin eh mag o-audit ng calls at pag may ginawa kang mali sa mga offers mo(for example di naman nag oo yung customer pero inaccept mo ung offer sa tool mo) eh invalid/fraud na daw at wala ka ng bonus maski piso pero ang totoo eh kahit i accept mo un eh hindi ka naman magkakapera hanggat di nakikita ng system na kumuha nga ng phone yung customer.

Pero hindi yun ang offer na inaccept ko. Nag accept ako ng offer na wala naman akong mapapala kahit mag oo customer dahil wala namang syang kaakibat na incentives or kahit anong halaga. Pero ang nakakagulat neto ay tinatanggal nila ang bonus ko kasama ung nakuha ko sa metric ko na na-exceed ko. Hindi po ba eh masyado namang matindi ung parusa sakin? If I gained anything from that offer that I have accepted then I will gladly surrender whatever it is that I have gained. Pero wala naman po akong nakuha don maski piso. It's just a process na nagkamali ako. I believe na hindi dapat matanggal ang boung incentives ko. Masyadong mababaw yung rason. I need your help guys please.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

First question is why would you do that in the first place.

The systems are put in place to guide employees on how they are suppose to do their job and prevent problems that might arise in the future.

For the company, it is to prevent legalities that might arise from your "assumption" that the client accepted the offer. the what ifs is more costly that the what is. how much do you think it will cost the company to shell out the delivery of an item and have it rejected. it is more than what your incentives / commission are (logistic expenses - time, manpower, materials) and you want them to just slap your hand for your mistake and give you the other remaining incentive. do you think you will learn that easily with just a slap on the hand. what about now, having lost your incentives / commission, would you do it again? which will wait more to you, the loss of one incentive for on product that you "mis-clicked" or the loss of all incentive. That is the reason they put remove all your incentive for you to learn, at di mababaw ang rason. If you don't like their / such policy, and they do have a right to punish you more severely for "falsification" then move to another company.

Wewelang

Arresto Menor

mikos23 wrote:First question is why would you do that in the first place.

The systems are put in place to guide employees on how they are suppose to do their job and prevent problems that might arise in the future.

For the company, it is to prevent legalities that might arise from your "assumption" that the client accepted the offer. the what ifs is more costly that the what is. how much do you think it will cost the company to shell out the delivery of an item and have it rejected. it is more than what your incentives / commission are (logistic expenses - time, manpower, materials) and you want them to just slap your hand for your mistake and give you the other remaining incentive. do you think you will learn that easily with just a slap on the hand. what about now, having lost your incentives / commission, would you do it again? which will wait more to you, the loss of one incentive for on product that you "mis-clicked" or the loss of all incentive. That is the reason they put remove all your incentive for you to learn, at di mababaw ang rason. If you don't like their / such policy, and they do have a right to punish you more severely for "falsification" then move to another company.

Actually there's no damage at all sa end ng company. To be precise po eh offer lang sya na na-tag as accepted pero wala namang changes sa account. Meron silang existing long distance plan na nasa account at yun din mismo ang offer, ang bigyan sila ng long distance. Nung pinindot ko as accepted ung offer na meron na sila noon pa ay naging dahilan para matanggal ang bonus ko. If ang system nila is perfect. Then bakit nandoon pa din ang offer when customer already has the long distance plan? Hindi naman pwedeng dumoble ung bayad nilang $5 para sa cellphone na yun.

My point here is there is no damage done sa company nung inaccept ko offer. Unaffected naman ang customer. Wala akong nakuhang money. Bakit lahat ng bonus ko including yung metric bonus(pag na exceed ko ung quota sa stats and take note na iba to don sa commission na pwedeng matanggap sa mga ibang offers) ay tinanggal? Dapat if may tatanggalin man ay yung mga nakuha kong commission from sales. Pero itong na accept na offer ay hindi naman talaga sale dahil meron na ang customer noon pa.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

As stated, if it is stated in the policy, they have a right to do that. and as stated, usually policy is made to "help" employees learn their lesson.

what you should be doing now is write a respectful letter to the HR and humbly ask them to review your case and again humbly ask them not to take away your incentive pay.

Wewelang

Arresto Menor

They have the right to take it away if it's in accordance with principle of equity.

Also, just because it is a policy doesn't mean that it is lawful. What if ang policy po ay susuntukin yung mga malelate sa work? Is it still right to say na it's the policy? They can have every policy they can think of implemented but these polices should not be unlawful. Isa pa, yung pera is galing sa US company at ginagawang pondo ng call center company na pinag tatrabahuhan ko pag nakahanap sila ng butas or dahilan para hindi ibigay sakin kahit baluktot naman yung dahilan. Solutio indebiti yun diba?

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

If you really feel that is unfair practice and policy, then it is your right to go to DOLE and file a complaint against them on unfair policy and also file for money claims also

Wewelang

Arresto Menor

mikos23 wrote:If you really feel that is unfair practice and policy, then it is your right to go to DOLE and file a complaint against them on unfair policy and also file for money claims also

Thank you po sa pagsagot sa mga tanong ko! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum