Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buying a house but not yet legally separated from ex-wife

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dczen

Arresto Menor

Can we buy a house and lot from a developer but wife is not aware since she abandoned us with our son for more than 10yrs now?

How can we start acquiring any property?

Thanks in advance!

attyLLL

all that you purchase will still be considered conjugal assets

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

That would be difficult since all the documents that you sign will need your wife's signature as well.

(Is your wife still in the Phils, or for that matter, still alive to your knowledge?)

dczen wrote:Can we buy a house and lot from a developer but wife is not aware since she abandoned us with our son for more than 10yrs now?

How can we start acquiring any property?

Thanks in advance!

dczen

Arresto Menor

not sure, not seen her 10yrs now, and currently i work and stay in Bahrain with our son

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

dczen wrote:not seen her 10yrs now, and currently i work and stay in Bahrain with our son

Two options:
1. Make legal SEPARATION BEFORE you buy anything.

2. I don't remember the minimum years to be possible, but I believe you have passed it. So you can try to make court decide to COUNT your wife as DEAD IF she can't be found.

I don't know speeds and how hard it is to get approval in court, but I believe legal separation is more sure and best, because I don't know what will happen if you do p2 and she show up later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum