Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice on adopting nephew

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Advice on adopting nephew Empty Advice on adopting nephew Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Jaymrk

Jaymrk
Arresto Menor

Hi everyone I’m new here. I have few question. Can you please help me?
I have a nephew who I raised since he was a little because his parent works abroad. His mom and dad are not “married” but his last name is his father’s. He is now 11 yrs old and still living in our home w/ my sister. 2 yrs ago, we immigrated in the USA and I’m really sorry for him because since then he was lonely and want to come with us and I really want him to come too because I treat him like my own. So my question is:
Can I adopt him as my own?
How can I adopt him? His parents are seperated now and have their own family. They also don’t mind when I open up with them w/ the adoption thing.
How long it takes?
I know the process of petitioning him to come here, I just don’t know how/what is the process in the philippines of adopting a relative.

Thanks everyone.
Really appreciate it..

2Advice on adopting nephew Empty Re: Advice on adopting nephew Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:36 am

attyLLL

your remedy would be to file a petition for adoption here in the philippines. some issues though. if you are living abroad, this will be noted by the social worker, but in my mind, it should not hamper your petition. try to get the written consent of the parents, or you can prove abandonment. you should also be prepared to come back to testify before the court.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Advice on adopting nephew Empty Re: Advice on adopting nephew Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:02 pm

Jaymrk

Jaymrk
Arresto Menor

Thanks for the respond attyLLL!! I have few more question if you don’t mind
Where can I file the petition?
Can I do that even when I’m abroad?
And if everything goes well, how long do you think the process?
Thanks again..

Sent from Topic'it App

4Advice on adopting nephew Empty Re: Advice on adopting nephew Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:53 pm

attyLLL

it should be filed in the court where the child is located. It can be initiated while you are abroad, but you will have to appear before the court to testify at some point. Process is 1-2 years

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Advice on adopting nephew Empty Re: Advice on adopting nephew Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:53 am

Jaymrk

Jaymrk
Arresto Menor

Thank you attyLLL!!

Sent from Topic'it App

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum