Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

About SSS Contribution (Employer Share)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1About SSS Contribution (Employer Share) Empty About SSS Contribution (Employer Share) Wed May 16, 2018 10:20 am

plq2018

Arresto Menor

Hello Guys,

I'd like to know what can be done if you found out that an employer is not giving the Employer Share when they Remit to SSS. Instead, the Employer share is being deducted from the employee's pay. Employees wouldn't know this and it is kept secret as they are not well educated on these matters. Please advise.

Thanks!

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

If that is true, you can report them to DOLE.

DOLE will review the company payroll and may initiate illegal deduction case against your employer if proven.

hope this helps

plq2018

Arresto Menor

Thank you, Mikos23. You have Been most helpful. Thanks

plq2018

Arresto Menor

May I ask if its the same thing for Part Time Employees? My understanding is Everyone legally employed earning more than 1000 should be paying SSS with the share from Employer. is it true for Part Time Employees too? I'd like to point out that the employer is only doing this practice to part timers but not for full time employees.
Thanks

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Depending on the "part time" employment or the agreement between the company and the "employee"

Some people are hired as part time because they have a full time job somewhere else. to that employee it could also mean that his part time is on a consultancy basis. i.e. for my part time, i don't get sss/phic/hdmf because it is already covered by the company i worked for.

are you the part time employee that you are stating here?

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

I agree. Kung part time employee ka in the sense that you are an "employee" and not merely a consultant, then you should still be covered by SSS, kasi empleyado ka parin. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/sss-pagibig-philhealth-imprisonment The employer may even get imprisoned for not remitting the obligatory employer's share in the contribution.

plq2018

Arresto Menor

Hello Guys,

My understanding is these employees are just hired during the summer time. These employees are considering their jobs as summer jobs as they don't have school during the time. Their work is to clean tables and basic cleaning in a restaurant. Since they are still considered as employees, then they should still be covered by SSS right?

Thanks!

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

what kind of contract are they under? if they are covered by an employment contract, yes they are covered. if training, or OJT, its a different matter.

but mostly yes everyone is generally covered by sss, phic and hdmf.

however, it seems that you are giving pieces of info. can you give us the whole scenario to give accurate suggestion and answers.

to you, what do you mean part time. are they working full 8 hours? 7 days a week? or on call only. what work do they handle? what contract did they sign? etc.

plq2018

Arresto Menor

Sorry po for the confusion. I-bullet ko nalang po:

- Regular Employees 30 Heads (8 hours shift) - all covered with SSS (Employer and Employee Share)
- Part Time Employees 12 Heads (8 Hours shift)- (They did not sign a contract) - Part Timers po yung binigay sakin na term kaya na mention ko na Part Time sila. I probed more and found out that they are also doing 8 hours of work. But the management decided na since they are tagged 'Part Timers' - they will not shoulder the employee share of SSS but instead just get everything off the employee's pay.
- When I think of it, i don't see these 12 employees as part timers since they are also doing a full 8 hours of shift. What was advised to me was they are just employed because these employees are looking for summer jobs and would eventually quit when Classes resumes in June. I view these 12 guys as Seasonal Employees. (Tama po ba?) Perhaps, the management had a different understanding when they used the term 'Part-Time Employee'
- Even if seasonal employees covered parin po ng SSS right? also they have to contribute the employer share?

Thanks

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

yes they are covered by SSS, and yes the employer should shoulder the employer share.

plq2018

Arresto Menor

Thank you, Sir. Smile

plq2018

Arresto Menor

Ask ko lang po if meron pong mobile version ng website na ito? Thanks

13About SSS Contribution (Employer Share) Empty Re: About SSS Contribution (Employer Share) Thu May 24, 2018 11:18 am

doreamon04

Arresto Menor

Hello,ask ko lang po if ang company ay hindi makapagbigay nang certificate of remittance sa mga contributions. Is this possible that they don't remit my contributions? And what should I do po, kasi 6 months na nakalipas, wala parin laman ss account ko sa company until then. Salamat po.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

You can file a written complain with SSS so that they can go after you company so they can produce the records.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum