Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non-compete agreement

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non-compete agreement Empty Non-compete agreement Tue May 08, 2018 10:41 pm

Cbrent

Arresto Menor

Good day po,

I have a question regardingy agreement with my former employer. I worked as a product supply planner for a hardware distribution companies that caters to retail stores from visayas and mindanao area. I signed a non-compete agreement with them prior to employment. Fast forward, i resigned after spending 1 year and 7 months with them serving with the best of my ability I resigned because i had a cant-miss opportunity with another company and saw that my career was not going anywhere.
This company also plies the hardware trade albeit as a retailer, catering personally to customers and they employed me to work as warehouse in-charge.
My question is, what is the likelihood that they will pursue a case against me and should there be any loopholes where i can be let off the hook.
Im just an average normal guy trying to earn a living. I am quite happy with my new job and really have a sense of fulfillment. Thank you in advance for any answers.

2Non-compete agreement Empty Re: Non-compete agreement Wed May 09, 2018 5:07 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

We cannot really speak for your previous employer as to whether they will file a case against you or not. Just be ready for that possibility because non-compete agreements are recognized by law as valid and enforceable agreements. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/must-employment-contracts-hiring-process Though the contents of non-compete agreements are quite standard, we will not be able to comment on so-called "loopholes" without seeing the exact terms you agreed upon with your previous employer.

3Non-compete agreement Empty Re: Non-compete agreement Wed May 09, 2018 7:25 am

Cbrent

Arresto Menor

Thank you sir for the reply. I just want to ask, is there any difference between a retailer and a distributor in the context of competing companies?

4Non-compete agreement Empty Re: Non-compete agreement Wed May 09, 2018 9:13 am

attyLLL

Based on your description, it's possible the non-compete clause is applicable. Hopefully, you had a good parting with your previous employer.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum