Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRANSFERRING TO JOB ROLE THAT ISN'T WHAT WAS APPLIED FOR

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Louise0323

Arresto Menor

Hello Advisors,

I was in search for answers with legal basis about my friend's concern with his work.

He was assigned initially on the job he applied for but then when other department was in need of manpower help, they were presented by their department manager without their full approval.
Pumayag na din po sila (2 person) kasi hiram lang naman daw and may period of time naman na sinabi kung kelan mag eend yung hiraman ng tao.

Now that they are back on original position, he was assigned on a different process (hindi yung inapplyan nya). Pero Okay lang sa knya kasi gusto nya yung process. But then yung isa nyang ka department (let's name him Guy #1) na nka assign sa process din nya (original process), umayaw dun and kinausap si manager na gusto nya sa pwesto nung friend ko.
Pumayag si manager and pumayag din ang friend ko (tutal ibabalik lang naman sya sa original post nya).

Pero this week nung nag iingayan na about promotions (every year may promotion sa company nila). Yung manager nila gustong ibalik si Guy #1 at alisin sya sa pwesto nya. Then sya ilalagay hindi sa aalisang pwesto ni Guy #1 kundi sa aalisang pwesto ni Guy #3.

Si Guy #3 ay nktpos ng 2yrs pero nag apply sa company nila as 'shaft blasting operator' (mahirap na proseso). Gustong alisin ng manager nila si Guy #3 sa process na yun dahil sayang daw ang pinag aralan.. dun daw ilalagay sa aalisang pwesto ni Guy #2 at ang friend ko ang ilalagay sa aalisan ni Guy #3.

Sa tingin ko po unfair ito dahil:
Una, hindi yon ang inapplayan nyans position.

Pangalawa, hindi nya problema kung si Guy #3 ay nag apply sa position na mababa sa tinapos niya at oo, pde nilang i-recommend for bettern position ngunit hindi dapat maapektuhan ang ibang tao para sa rekomendasyong iyon.

Pangatlo, si Guy #2 ay nais lumipat sa departamentong naaayon sa sarili nyang kagustuhan kahit kailan nya gustuhin at kahit may ibang natatapakan

Pang apat, ang friend ko ay walang nagawanang mali in terms of work. Hindi tulad ng ibang nasa departamento nila na marami ng records.

He is planning to complain against this decision and is willing to raise up above concern, do you think may laban po sya?

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

There is such a thing as "Management Prerogative" wherein the manager has the right to assign his subordinate to tasks / position that the "manager" thinks the staff will be able to do or can contribute to their department. If the transferring is not done due to malice, there is not much your friend can do except, respectfully request to be transferred to a position that he likes and hopes the management approve.

Hope this helps.

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

tell your friend not to compare jobs with his co-employees.. just do the job assigned to him..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum