Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DTR legal Basis

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DTR legal Basis Empty DTR legal Basis Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:46 am

melnavz

Arresto Menor

Hello All,

I encountered problem today, someone requesting daily time record (not the owner) for any purpose. Then i denied the request and i said is not a public document it's a personal record and is substantial for evidence. Now the requisitioner asking me what are my legal basis? why DTR is not a public documents? Please help of what are the legal basis. I am doudt because DTR was not mention in the RA10173.

Thank you.

2DTR legal Basis Empty Re: DTR legal Basis Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:04 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Why were the persons trying to acquire their DTRs? Was it for a case, possibly labor-related?

3DTR legal Basis Empty Re: DTR legal Basis Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:16 pm

melnavz

Arresto Menor

As to the purpose of the requisitioner, DTRs together with logbook will be attachment for filing a case, don't know where civil service?

4DTR legal Basis Empty Re: DTR legal Basis Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:02 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

"Filing a case" - so are the requisitioners planning to sue the employer?

"don't know where civil service" - I do not understand what you mean.

5DTR legal Basis Empty Re: DTR legal Basis Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 am

melnavz

Arresto Menor

Sir thepoetsedge,

Thank you for your reply. However, this is only i need. Legal basis why Daily Time Record(DTR) is not a public documents? Many lawyer said that DTR is not a public documents. I am very thankful to you guys if you can help me.

Best regards,

Emel

6DTR legal Basis Empty Re: DTR legal Basis Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:05 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

What did the lawyers that you have asked use as legal basis, then? Ask for their sources, and cite it.

Since they are already lawyers, their answers are more credible than mine since I am still a law student.

As far as I know, DTRs are not of public record since it is owned by the company and that is part of their private records. Only a court order to produce such evidence may compel an employer to bring such evidence to court.

Just to be sure, double-check my statement with your lawyer-friends.

7DTR legal Basis Empty Re: DTR legal Basis Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:38 am

melnavz

Arresto Menor

Sir thepoetsedge,

Thank you very much. I am protecting personal information(am not a lawyer) in compliance to RA1073 (Data Privacy Act of 2012). As to the definition of Personal Data (Rule I, Sec. 3, Item J, of IRR of RA101713) refers to all types of personal information, e.q, Name, FName, Address, CPNo., Ip Add. I am correct to state it that way?, that, DTR contains personal information and it should be protected based on RA101730, disclosure required court order.

Thank you. Smile Smile

8DTR legal Basis Empty Re: DTR legal Basis Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

That may be used as a defense against such, but it will change if it is the employee himself who is seeking his own DTR copy since that is his personal information and it can be safely assumed that there is no sensitive company information in his DTR.

You must ask the requisitioner of the DTR as to the purpose of acquiring said DTR and if he is a representative of those employees whose DTRs he is trying to acquire. He must show proof that he is acting under their authority as an agent.

Again, check with your lawyer-friends. They may have a different take on the matter, as you claim you have spoken already with them with regards this issue.

9DTR legal Basis Empty Re: DTR legal Basis Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:25 pm

melnavz

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much! Now i am very confident that i am in the right path protecting the interest of our agency.

Again, Thank you Sir thepoetsedge.

10DTR legal Basis Empty Re: DTR legal Basis Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:12 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You're welcome. Make sure to document every transaction you do with the requisitioner just to be on the safe side. You never know when those documents will be useful, especially if there will be future litigation.

Godspeed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum