Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RA 9262 Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

belrosea

Arresto Menor

"Republic Act 9262 or the “Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004” is our country’s landmark law on domestic violence. Women’s groups, led by the National Commission on the Role of Filipino Women (NCRFW), fought patiently for RA 9262 for ten long years before it became a law in March 2004.

Summer last year, through the coordination of the hardworking and dedicated Social Welfare Development Officers of the various LGUs in Region IV-A, I conducted seminars on RA 9264 for barangay officials, police officers, day care center workers and parents and other government employees,. I had the privilege of holding these seminars for Laguna (Kalayaan, Lumban, Victoria, Alaminos), Cavite City and Sto. Tomas, Batangas. I also conducted a seminar for Calabarzon social workers held at the DSWD Haven For Women in Ayala Alabang.

It’s sad to say, however, that a lot of barangay officials and police officers still do not know the provisions of RA 9262. In television news reports of domestic violence, I still hear of police officers filing cases of physical injuries, grave threats, etc. against abusive men, when the proper offense to be charged should have been any of those enumerated under Section 5 of RA 9262."

Last edited by belrosea on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Just continue to pursue the case. During your mediation with PAO, did he sign anything that acknowledges that he is the father? kasi kung wala naman, baka balak nya itanggi na anak nya yun anak mo. if that was the case, kakailanganin pa ng DNA test to prove filiation between the child and the father.

belrosea

Arresto Menor

xtianjames wrote:Just continue to pursue the case. During your mediation with PAO, did he sign anything that acknowledges that he is the father? kasi kung wala naman, baka balak nya itanggi na anak nya yun anak mo. if that was the case, kakailanganin pa ng DNA test to prove filiation between the child and the father.

Yes he did. He acknowledge our child in the written agreement in PAO He already received the subpoena from prosecutors office and the summon from Napolcom pero hindi pa daw siya nagka-counter hanggang ngayon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum