Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unauthorized Access to Private Facebook Account.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mao2421

Arresto Menor

i was forced to resigned to the company i work for and returned all the devices at company loaned to me. After few days, i found out that my facebook account was illegally access by my former boss, read the messages, and screenshot some of the conversation and produce a copy of the conversation and used it against the employment of my colleague.

Is it legal here in the Philippines that your former employer will open your private space?

jhgf

Arresto Menor

As you could see a couple of notches below this thread, I also have a question involving computers and this country's laws. The one where I ask if it's illegal to search some things on the Internet in this country.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Mao2421 wrote:i was forced to resigned to the company i work for and returned all the devices at company loaned to me. After few days, i found out that my facebook account was illegally access by my former boss, read the messages, and screenshot some of the conversation and produce a copy of the conversation and used it against the employment of my colleague.

Is it legal here in the Philippines that your former employer will open your private space?

It must be proven in court that your boss was the one who accessed your account, and that is no easy feat. Certain electronic signatures and IP addresses must be acquired and established by tech experts for the court to consider that. You may also need Facebook's help in establishing also the unauthorized access part.

What I do know is that criminally, "hacking" an account is the one recognized as a crime here in our country. What happened in your case does not seem to be a case of hacking since you have mistakenly left your account open in your device surrendered to the company. Hacking has to involve using devious means to access your account, like a backdoor program or a malware or a keylogger program.

Please check with a lawyer to see if you have a case against your employer and what evidence can you use to file a case against him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum