Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid Daily Overtime

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unpaid Daily Overtime Empty Unpaid Daily Overtime Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:42 pm

cotmf

Arresto Menor

My girlfriend has been working at BDO since December. Her working hours are supposed to be 09:00 to 18:00 with a one hour lunch break.

To date she has yet to finish before 19:00 and on a typical day she doesn't finish until after 20:00. She is frequently made to work until after 21:00 and she has even been made to work beyond 22:00 on a few occasions.

She doesn't receive any extra pay for working overtime. Is this legal or should she be paid for the extra time the company are making her work?

2Unpaid Daily Overtime Empty Re: Unpaid Daily Overtime Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:53 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

May I ask what position your girlfriend hold in BDO?

3Unpaid Daily Overtime Empty Re: Unpaid Daily Overtime Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm

cotmf

Arresto Menor

The job title is Accounting Assistant. She works in the back office of her branch.

4Unpaid Daily Overtime Empty Re: Unpaid Daily Overtime Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:49 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

1st ask her if it is required for her to render work in excess of 8 hours. if yes, then she should be paid for it.

ask her if she or her immediate superior accomplished (filled up and have it sign) an overtime form and submit it to payroll. if not, why?

5Unpaid Daily Overtime Empty Re: Unpaid Daily Overtime Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:45 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

Overtime should be approved by her superior.

6Unpaid Daily Overtime Empty Re: Unpaid Daily Overtime Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:24 pm

attyLLL

she should raise the matter with her superiors. Maybe indeed the company has a policy of requiring prior approval for overtime and she has not been compliant

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum