Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absolute Divorce Act of 2018

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Absolute Divorce Act of 2018 Empty Absolute Divorce Act of 2018 Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:53 am

callmekaytie

Arresto Menor

Hi. I've read online that the absolute divorce act has been approved in the Congress already. I am curious about something in case it will be legalized in the Philippines. Because my partner has been separated for 11 years with his wife. The ex-wife is already in the US with her new husband and she already filed for their divorce last year in the US. However we still could not get married since divorce in the Philippines was not yet approved. I am just wondering if in case the absolute divorce act in the Philippines will be implemented, do they still need to go through it or is there any other processes applicable for them.

I have also read about the filing of petition for recognition of foreign divorce, however it is not yet applicable for their case since the ex-wife is not yet US citizen.

2Absolute Divorce Act of 2018 Empty Re: Absolute Divorce Act of 2018 Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:16 pm

attyLLL

the proposed bill will still require the filing of a court petition. one of the grounds is separation in fact for 5 years. you will need to prove that they have been separated for at least that long

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Absolute Divorce Act of 2018 Empty Re: Absolute Divorce Act of 2018 Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:07 am

Dimple2020

Arresto Menor

Ask lang po paano masasabing may separation in fact? Whatbif walang agrerment pero yung asawa umuuwi nalang every 2 weeks to visit the children pero during holidaya like cmas and new year nasa probinsya mga bata at yung nanay umuuwi ng province to celebrate with the family. Or dapat nagfile ng legal separation ang husband? Tnx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum