Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Law regarding Vacation Leave to attend a child's graduation

+2
lukekyle
RichmondP
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RichmondP

Arresto Menor

Permission to post admins.

Just curious if there's a law wherein employees have the right to go into emergency vacation leave to attend the graduation rites of his son?

To cut the story short, my son forgot to remind me that his grad rites would be on Saturday in Tuguegarao. I tried to ask for a VL but my boss said it's too late to work out a VL request with the workforce. A co-employee said there's this law that says the company must work out accommodation for such occasion. Is this correct? If yes po, please do direct me to the posted law po sana.

Last edited by RichmondP on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled)

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

nope no such thing as an emergency vacation leave thats mandated by law. that co employee is lying to you and wants to get you in trouble

RichmondP

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir lukekyle,

Thanks for the clarification sir. No option then but to file immediate resignation, wouldn't miss my only son's college grad rites for anything Smile

Thank you very much sir, very much appreciated Smile

attyLLL

there is a standard which is reasonableness.

Don't file a resignation if you don't want to leave your position. Send an email to your immediate supervisor with copy to his supervisor. State that you intend to be absent on Saturday. Apologize that it is sudden and admit that the fault is on your side, but it is not possible for you not to attend your son's graduation.

Come back on Monday and see if they initiate disciplinary action.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

SNICKSY

Arresto Menor

May tanong din po ako tungkol sa Vacation leave, Na approved na po yong leave ko pero binawa ng HR department namin the week before sana sa leave ko dahil daw may admin hearing ako...Legal po ba yon?

Thank you!

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes legal ito. The company have the right to approve and disapprove leave, and also to take back an approve leave.

attyLLL

again, there has to be reasonableness and the act of cancelling the leave should not be arbitrary

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Though emergency leaves are not mandated by law, it still depends on your company's policy if they allow it (it is possible that it is not called emergency leave, but something else). Try reading this to know what are the mandated leaves, I hope it helps. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/guide-labor-standards

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum