Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Separation Pay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Separation Pay Empty Separation Pay Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:45 am

kemanisole

Arresto Menor

I had been working for 4+ years in a university. But then when K-12 was implemented those who have no masters degree were not allowed to teach in the college level. So last year August 2016 they did not give me any load/units to teach. I understood then that I was automatically terminated. I have no idea of the back pay and/or separation pay policies back then. I went on a vacation afterwards to rest and when I came back I looked for another job and went back to the university where I previously worked to get my COE and found out that I wasn't terminated. My status was ON LEAVE. I asked them whether I'll be receiving any back pay or separation pay but they told me I have to resign first.
If I will resign I will not receive any separation pay. But it wasn't my choice to leave the university they just didn't offer me anything afterwards. What should I do?

2Separation Pay Empty Re: Separation Pay Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

write to them that you are now back and awaiting your assignment. They can only not put you on floating status without pay for 6 months, unfortunately since you went on vacation the 6 months will only start from now that you notified them.

You have 2 options:
1. Wait out the six months, after this they will be forced to either give you an assignment or give you separation pay.
2. You can resign and hope they give you separation pay. The tricky part is technically they won't owe you anything because you resigned. But there are companies who policy it is that resigned employees do receive separation pay. It would be better if you can get something in writing that they will give you separation pay after resigning.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum