Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Serving Corrective action form or termination notice

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wutang001

Arresto Menor

My administrative hearing just finished 26th of November. I was advised just today through text message that there has been already a verdict .they want me 2 go to the office and sign it. I advised them that I'm currently out of town and attending to some personal matters and give me till Thursday to go there. I was told that I only have up until tomorrow to go and sign it. Is that legal? Same day advise?

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

They are just trying to hurry you up, but I am not aware of any particular rule requiring that the company should serve the decision memo to you within a certain number of days only. What is important is that it is served to you before they can implement the sanctions being imposed in the memo. Try reading this, I hope this helps you to better understand termination proceedings. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/dismissal-termination-employment

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Wutang001 wrote:My administrative hearing just finished 26th of November. I was advised just today through text message that there has been already a verdict .they want me 2 go to the office and sign it. I advised them that I'm currently out of town and attending to some personal matters and give me till Thursday to go there. I was told that I only have up until tomorrow to go and sign it. Is that legal? Same day advise?  

Of course that is LEGAL. Admin cases have to be closed the soonest. How can the case be closed the soonest if they will wait for your availability. Besides, the minimum requirement of the law is to inform you. It is within their right to accommodate your request for an extension or not. if they won't, they cannot be faulted for that.

Anyways, if you won't appear, they have the option to send the Memo to your last-known address so they could close your case, whatever your verdict is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum