Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Performance Bonus

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Performance Bonus Empty Performance Bonus Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:14 am

Bobby Angle

Arresto Menor

Situation:

Since 2011, a company gives to its employees performance bonus every December. A few years ago, the company transferred an employee to an affiliated corporation while still registered as an employee of the same company.

Problem:

The company no longer gives to the transferred employee the performance bonus since he is no longer functioning in the company. The affiliated corporation does not give the transferred employee a bonus since he is not a registered employee there.

Notes:

1. The company where the transferred employee is registered is neither an agency nor a BPO.
2. The transfer was initiated by the company's management.
3. The employee is not a sales agent. He is like any other employee who works behind a desk.

Questions:

a. Is the denial of the performance bonus illegal?
b. If you're answer to the above is "no", does it mean companies can legally manipulate its own system to prevent employees from receiving certain benefits?

2Performance Bonus Empty Re: Performance Bonus Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:35 am

Bobby Angle

Arresto Menor

I badly need an opinion. Please state if you find the scenario complicated.

3Performance Bonus Empty Re: Performance Bonus Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Hi Bobby,

I guess this is regarding the query you ask previously in which no one answered.

Here is what I think about your case.

First, a Bonus is an act of generosity given by the employer to the employee. A bonus is not an obligation but a voluntary gift. Therefore, if a bonus is not given, employee cannot demand it because it is not his right.

Now, if the employee wants to get the productivity bonus, he must find a way to get an appraisal that would satisfy the condition for the bonus to be given.

Hope this helps.

4Performance Bonus Empty Re: Performance Bonus Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 am

Bobby Angle

Arresto Menor

@ mikos23

Thanks for the reply.

Follow up question: You mentioned that the bonus is a voluntary gift. But if the giving of bonuses is done consistently for years, doesn't it ripened to a company practice that can be demanded by the employees?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum