Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Probationary / Regularization Concerns

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Probationary / Regularization Concerns Empty Probationary / Regularization Concerns Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:52 am

iamsir

Arresto Menor

Good day, this is the current scenario I'm facing:

No notice of end of probationary period.
Details:
I was never talked to by HR regarding my status. Actually during my last day of probationary, my immediate supervisor just let me sign an evaluation form. And yeah was only evaluated a week or two before my end of contract/probationary date.

Weeks delay of announcing of regularization or extension of contract.
I'm on my second week after end of probationary contract, feeling of my status hanged. My other co-employees have also told me that it happens that sometimes, signing of regularization is delayed for a month or so.

Here are my top concerns:
I am assigned with duties apart from what my job description is during my probationary period and is not interested anymore on the position.
I discussed this several times with the HR Manager beforehand, but still all the advise I got is to wait.
Isn't there any policy/rule a company should have with regards to notifying and discussing terms with the probationary employee BEFORE they end up their contract?

I don't know if it will be insulting to ask them about their policies since there is no manual that I can refer to (or maybe there is) regarding how the company/hr/my department works. Since a whole department for IT (my post) has no procedure and document manual as well.

Advanced thanks to those who can clarify/ enlighten me with my concern.

God bless.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Hindi kelangan kausapin regarding sa status if ang plan nila is just to let your contract expire. Kelanagn lang bigyan ng update if gusto bigayan ng warning or if gusto ka nilang tanggalin before the end of the contract/probationary period.
2. If more than 6 months ka na under probation and they let you continue working without any advise regarding your status, you are deemed regularized.
3. They can do that. If you are no longer interestd in working for them you need to resign and render 30 days notice.
4. It would be wise to talk to the employee before regularizing them but it is not necessary. Actually dapat ikaw ang mag initiate kasi in the end ikaw ang mahihirapan if ayaw mo yung mga tasks na i-assign sayo.
5. hindi naman insulting. Just do it in a respectful manner

iamsir

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:1.  Hindi kelangan kausapin regarding sa status if ang plan nila is just to let your contract expire.  Kelanagn lang bigyan ng update if gusto bigayan ng warning or if gusto ka nilang tanggalin before the end of the contract/probationary period.
2.  If more than 6 months ka na under probation and they let you continue working without any advise regarding your status, you are deemed regularized.
3.  They can do that.  If you are no longer interestd in working for them you need to resign and render 30 days notice.
4.  It would be wise to talk to the employee before regularizing them but it is not necessary.  Actually dapat ikaw ang mag initiate kasi in the end ikaw ang mahihirapan if ayaw mo yung mga tasks na i-assign sayo.
5.  hindi naman insulting.  Just do it in a respectful manner

thank you sa insights!
actually nagawa ko na lahat. I always talk to them kasi nga first time ko na hindi sila nag-aadvise man lang comparing to the well established companies I have been to.
Ipit lang talaga ako with the tasks for a whole department, including creation of policies in-assign din sakin.

concern ko lang baka may legal terms ako mabanggit para kumilos sila Very Happy

thanks again @lukekyle

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Some questions:
Your employer made an evaluation. Was it favorable to merit regularization?
You were made to do tasks not covered in your job description. Do you see it as an opportunity or an "exploitation"?
Do you like to be regularized? It may not have additional remuneration except for benefits as leaves, SSS, Philhealth, PAGIBIG?
Ano ang posisyon ng immediate superior mo sa iyo?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum