Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Restrict Employees from Entering Company Premises

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cristaldragon

Arresto Menor

sir/madam...i manage a family-owned sugarland business estate which employs seasonal and regular workers in bacolod. during the off season, i am in manila and only regular employees are left for maintenance and regular work in preparation for the next harvest season.

my uncle, one of the co-owners and former administrators of the estate but is not currently active in its operations, does not like two of the regular employees because they would not take orders from him but only from me. one is the tractor operator who is very essential during the harvest and planting season, the other one is the livestock and garage maintenance man. he padlocked the gate of the work premises and with the assistance of his personal worker, only allows chosen employees to get in, barring the 2 that he does not like.

what are the rights of the two employees? what should i, as manager and co-owner of the estate do in order to allow the employees to come in? what documents should be prepared? the employees fear they will be brought to the barangay hall for questioning if they insist on entering.

thank you.

attyLLL

they should not force their way in. I recommend you intercede, but manager may get trumped by owner.

being forced to stay outside can be considered constructive illegal dismissal.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum