Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BADLY NEED ADVICE!!! Exemptions on 30-day resignation process

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kenzelle

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I am a regular employee of a certain company, I'm in a community relations field of which I am required to maintain good and harmonious relationship between the company and the community. In some reasons, dealing with the community is not just challenging but also tiring, esp if the management is not supported on it.I get to be blamed and misjudged. Hence, issues of me regarding misbehavior and non-effective was been raised by the community to the company. As the community so powerful headed by a government official who claimed to be the ruler of his land and a true servant of God, he called for an assembly gathering all the sector leaders with my supervisor and the operations manager. There, they raised all issues on me... all the lies, all the allegations, exaggerated comments of me "daw?" and all other stuffs that really hurt me.... (I've heard it all over a recorder)

It putted me to shame....since everyone knew from the community including may co-employees coming from the community. it did not just damaged me psychologically but also  killed my hope of finding another job.

Right after I've heard the recorded file, and learned that the company showed more confidence to the community/public official, (well of course, they needed the community's trust for the company to operate smoothly) I immediately filed a resignation.

I thought I gave them favor from my resignation cause it seems they really want it badly, manifested on them by not hearing my side of the story. And so, in my resignation, i putted just 1 week notice before the effective date of termination, and that is this Nov. 4, 2017 since, i cannot endure anymore all those accusations and backstabbing from everyone in the office, plus, I cannot work no longer with the same people, same community that gave me this much damage.

It was just this morning when our HR supervisor emailed me that it should be 30 days upon my resignation date... i know it is in the law that 30 days should be exerted pa... well, to maybe more days to be humiliated??

Am I entitled to the restrictions of that particular provision? 30-day resignation process?

I badly need your advice... please helpppp

Tnx

Last edited by kenzelle on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re-phrased topic)

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Do they know that you heard the recording of the meeting?

If yes,

Just state to them Article 285 #2.

Art. 285. Termination by employee.

1. An employee may terminate without just cause the employee-employer relationship by serving a written notice on the employer at least one (1) month in advance. The employer upon whom no such notice was served may hold the employee liable for damages.

2. An employee may put an end to the relationship without serving any notice on the employer for any of the following just causes:

Serious insult by the employer or his representative on the honor and person of the employee;
Inhuman and unbearable treatment accorded the employee by the employer or his representative;
Commission of a crime or offense by the employer or his representative against the person of the employee or any of the immediate members of his family; and
Other causes analogous to any of the foregoing.

However, if you are not entitled to know what was discussed during the meeting, then you cannot use the above article, unless you want to expose the person who recorded the meeting and he/she will get the same treatment (being under the scrutiny of the management).

kenzelle

Arresto Menor

Yes they know... it was 5 days after I accidentally heard the recorded file. I even texted my superior staff and the operations manager that i really heard everything they said, and even want to talk to them for me to state my side, but he refused, seems like he heard enough...

ahhhm, can I use the Article 285 #2?

Can i file certain charges for what happened? or was there any violations from my employer or from the public official?

Kasi i believe as an elected public official, dapat he must first a moderator in any issues, hearing both sides of the stories, not just mere allegations, and i bet he knows the fact that I am just an employee that holds no control over the management and the company...

thank you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum