Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

To marry or not to marry?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1To marry or not to marry?  Empty To marry or not to marry? Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:41 pm

Bragdoxx

Arresto Menor

Hello, I just wanna ask if I do have the right to refuse a marriage from someone I've "maybe" impregnated (not sure if it's really mine) . And if I really want to confirm if the baby's really mine should I pay for the DNA testing or are they the ones who should shoulder it since they are the ones accusing me being the father? Thx

2To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:29 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

no, getting someone pregnant is not a reason to force someone to marry. if you have doubts that the child is yours, you can refuse to acknowledge the child. however, the girl can file a case in court to prove that you are the father and a DNA test maybe ordered to establish filiation of the child. if indeed this child was yours, then they can demand from you damages (from legal fees, DNA test fees, etc).

3To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Bragdoxx

Arresto Menor

So if they were to force me to marry I can file a case against them or there's also nothing I can do? And regarding the DNA I only need to pay for damages if I were to be proven the father and not on pre - DNA testing fee? Thanks. And sorry for my another question.

4To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:32 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

You can just not comply to marry her. no need to file for anything. Yes, the burden of proof must come from the mother since she is the one who filed the case.

5To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Bragdoxx

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much sir. Oh oh one last thing. If me and my girlfriend decided to get married while the other one(the one that's pregnant ; she's not my gf) is still on the pregnancy stage can she file anything against us? Thank you very much you've helped me so much for answrring my questions.

6To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:51 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Nope. she can only file her case once the baby is delivered.

7To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Bragdoxx

Arresto Menor

Oh so I cant marry my girlfriend if the baby from the other girl's already delivered even though I have no intention of marrying the mother but intend to marry my gf?

8To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:16 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

I mean the pregnant girl cannot file a case against you until the child is born. even if the child is born, you can marry whoever you choose regardless of your filiation with the child.

9To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:30 pm

Bragdoxx

Arresto Menor

I see. Thank you very much sir. Errr pano po kaya pg "pikot" na ang mangyayare like she will accuse me of raping her or will file a case like pshychological abuse or the so called shotgun wedding? Is there anything I can do to counter those claims? Thx thx for your time.

10To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:29 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

then let her sue you. kung hindi naman totoo yung allegations nya ay malabong magprosper ang case. hindi parin reason dahil kinasuhan ka ay papakasalan mo na lang sya para hindi nya ituloy ang case. if tatakutin ka nya, just gather the evidences para pag talagang kinasuhan ka ay may proof ka na fabricated lang yung case dahil di mo sya pinakasalan.

11To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Bragdoxx

Arresto Menor

I see. What kind of proof can I present if for example she uses rape then she forged a medico ? Her elder sister knows people from red cross so I think she can easily get one? Or for the pshycho abuse how to prove that I've done nothing to her for her to file pshycho abuse?

12To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:29 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

do you have conversations na tinatakot ka nya? you can save those.

13To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Bragdoxx

Arresto Menor

Sir xtianjames thank you very much for answering my questions. I replied yesterday saying thanks to you but it didn't appear ehh? Anyways sir james what if the sex was during us both very much drunk?

14To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:11 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Can you clarify the connection between the drunk sex part? are you asking if she can charge you with rape if both or you are intoxicated?

15To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Bragdoxx

Arresto Menor

Yes if she can charge me if were both intoxicated?. I searched and searched at google and it says that she can. So is it possible to defend on that claim? I mean how?

16To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:18 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

it is possible if she can provide proof of her claim. being drunk is not an excuse for rape claims, hence, what you will have to prove is that the sex was consensual.

17To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Bragdoxx

Arresto Menor

I see. Sir xtianjames do you have any idea on how can i prove that she said yes and our ppssition is that shes the one on top?

18To marry or not to marry?  Empty Re: To marry or not to marry? Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:20 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

The case will really depend on the evidences she will provide. you can just counter those when the need arises.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum