Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

AWOL during rendering of resignation: what to do?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gatchajo

Arresto Menor

I would like to inquire about what is the proper process for handling an employee who is rendering his 30day resignation process, however the said employee went AWOL 5days before the effective date of his resignation.

Can I hold his clearance from the company?

What actions can we do?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Did the employee's 5 days AWOL greatly affect the productivity of the Company that you would waste your time and effort for this?

The 30 days noticed is for the employee to turn over his work either 1) to his immediate superior or 2) to his replacements.Usually, during the 30 days period, the employee is the one who route his clearance so that any discrepancies can be addressed immediately. If this is the case, then considered the clearance put on hold, since the employee have failed to route the clearance.

If the HR is the one routing the clearance, then route it, so that you will know what liabilities the employee still have. If you put the clearance on hold, and there is a SENA, you cannot declare to the arbiter that the employee still have a liability since the clearance is put on hold.

The best thing you can do is whenever the employee ask for a certificate of employment, give him a CoE that his employment is until his AWOL date. Put in your records that he has been AWOL so that when a Background Check happens, you can state that he was AWOL. There is nothing wrong with stating what's on the record.

gatchajo

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your advise. This is very helpful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum