Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Software developed and delivered without any legal paper. Now having problems with monthly maintenance and fees

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jepoy0928

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon Sir/Madam:

I would like to make my story short and exact so that you wouldn't get bored.
FACTS:
1. I developed and delivered an online system customized for a company... for a particular price.
2. The owner agreed to pay me monthly maintenance fee
3. Everything is in verbal agreement and in good faith since i was referred by his friend

PROBLEMS:
1. It is not clear whether I am selling a software or selling services since we dont have papers.
2. They stopped paying me monthly fee because of internet problems which is out of my control. They insisted that it is my duty to work with the internet service provider to bring back the service asap. There were also some minor problems encountered caused by his employees but NOT BY ME. I was not able to address these problems right away because they were not paying me monthly fees anymore.
3. They changed their admin employees and they want me to conduct a training again. I asked for travel expenses and additional payment for the training but the owner refused. So i didn't come to train.

Now, the owner wants me to give back the half of price of the system(paid monthly fees not included) and they will stop using the system. I have a summon from the barangay already.

My point is I have delivered a system they have enjoyed using it for almost 3yrs now and I dont want to give back the half of the system price. I shouldn't be obliged to maintain since I am not being paid for the maintenance. Sino po ba ang tama sa amin?

A million thanks for your response.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum