Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Power of Attorney over Will

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Power of Attorney over Will Empty Power of Attorney over Will Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:09 pm

runts

Arresto Menor

My grandmother passed away years ago, leaving my brother and I a trust fund. An uncle was given power of attorney since we were not of legal age, even if our mom was there.

It was said that once we reached legal age we can claim our share. When that day came, that I reached 18, I took claim of what was rightfully mine. Unfortunately, my uncle changed his mind and said that we can only claim once we graduated from college, which was not the original agreement as stated in the will.

My brother and I are having difficulty getting our share since my uncle keeps changing the conditions from what was originally stated in the will.

Is it legal for him to override what was written in the will?

What course of action, in your opinions, should I take regarding the matter?

Thank you.

2Power of Attorney over Will Empty Re: Power of Attorney over Will Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:18 pm

attyLLL

how is this fund being managed, there's a bank account which is named to "uncle ITF you"?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Power of Attorney over Will Empty Re: Power of Attorney over Will Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:15 pm

runts

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:how is this fund being managed, there's a bank account which is named to "uncle ITF you"?

Thanks for responding. I'm presuming he's still managing it. There's a bank account but not sure anymore who's name it's under. He was assigned as keeper since we were under aged back then. We would go and talk to him to claim it but he had so many changing conditions before we could get it.

I asked my mother to go talk to him. But if there's still problems, I will have to find a lawyer to consult with.

4Power of Attorney over Will Empty Re: Power of Attorney over Will Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:40 pm

attyLLL

you will need to send a demand letter to account for the funds and to turn them over to you. his failure will be considered estafa.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum