Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inheritance entitlement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inheritance entitlement Empty Inheritance entitlement Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:18 pm

Krxy

Arresto Menor

my grandfather married twice and bought land with 2nd wife, will the first wife’s childrn have the same entitlement of the land as the 2nd wifes children? So now they want to sell the land but will only give half amount to the first wife’s children because the land was bought during the second wife. Is it legal of the 2nd wife’s children to give only half to the first wife’s children

2Inheritance entitlement Empty Re: Inheritance entitlement Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:30 am

Ladie

Prision Mayor

Hi, I am not a lawyer, but would only like to share my little knowledge. (1) to whom is the land titled to? (2) If to your grandfather, is he still alive? I ask this because no inheritance unless the testator is already deceased. (3) Assuming the land is titled to your grandfather and was acquired after the second marriage, then the property becomes the conjugal property of your grandfather and second wife. (4) Assuming your grandfather was legally married to both the first & second wife, the kids from first wife & second wife are entitled from the half of the property which is your grandfather's portion on the conjugal property, while the other half is the second wife's Kid's inheritance on their mother's portion of the conjugal property.

3Inheritance entitlement Empty Re: Inheritance entitlement Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:01 am

Ladie

Prision Mayor

Hi, in continuation, (6) assuming the property. is sold for P100,000, 1/2 of P100,000 equals P50,000 equally divided among the kids of the first wife and second wife. The other P50,000 divided among the second wife's Kid's.

4Inheritance entitlement Empty Re: Inheritance entitlement Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:38 am

Krxy

Arresto Menor

My grandfather and his wife are deceased. First and second we’re both legally married if I understood you right, the first wife’s children will only get 1/4 of the amount and the 3/4 to the 2nd wife’s children. Is that correct?

5Inheritance entitlement Empty Re: Inheritance entitlement Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Ladie

Prision Mayor

No, inheritance is by individual heirs; hence, it's not by fraction of the value of the property. In short, assuming 1st marriage kids are 3, and 2nd marriage kids are 4, giving 7 total heirs of your grandfather in which your grandfather's 50% conjugal property portion of P50,000 divided equally among the 7 heirs. The other half 50% of the conjugal property of P50,000 will be equally divided among the 4 heirs of your grandfather's 2nd wife. This method of computation is applicable ONLY IF BOTH MARRIAGES OF YOUR GRANDFATHER ARE LEGAL. Try to read the Family Code of the Philippines. May I ask, who passed away first, your grandfather or his 2nd wife?. Just curious, does your grandfather leave any other properties in his name regardless when he acquired them? Ladie

6Inheritance entitlement Empty Re: Inheritance entitlement Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:46 am

Krxy

Arresto Menor

Appreciate the answers Ladie. Thank you so much. They’re doing the computation like you said.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum