Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

13th Entitlement for Resigned Employee

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

113th Entitlement for Resigned Employee Empty 13th Entitlement for Resigned Employee Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:45 pm

EllieRecruiter

Arresto Menor

Dear PinoyLawyer,

I would like to seek legal advise regarding my situation. I am a regular employee in a private company and I am planning to tender my resignation (with 30 days notice) by October 31 that will end by November 30. My concern is that my current company will hold my 13th month pay? I know that by law companies must release the 13th month pay not later than December 25. The "back pay" (inclusive of tax computation, unused leaves, etc.) in our company take 2 months (60days) for them to "process". My main question is, can they hold my 13th month pay? If they do I would only be able to receive that by Feb 2017, which I believe would be very bery unfair on my part.

Please advise.

Thank you
More power.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Companies can do that. They are not actually not doing anything illegal. All monetary payments due the employee can be held TEMPORARILY by the company and will form part of the backpay if the employee is separated from the company... and this includes the 13th mo pay.

You call this unfair but in truth it is legal. What would be really unfair is if you will not get your 13th mo pay at all.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum