Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Certificate of Entitlement to Lot Allocation (CELA)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hiroya

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I am a holder of a (CELA) and our baranggay has been granted a land in a certain area via Presidential Proclamation. The Local Government Unit in coordination with a certain baranggay official is trying to start a housing program which is not supported by the majority of the people in our baranggay. They have issued threats about evicting us and we consulted an attorney regarding this matter. We have come to know that the project was incomplete with regards to proper signatories. We acquired the written statement of that agency that they did not acquire any registration about this "project/demolition". The attorney then filed for a TRO and was approved and a hearing was set at the date the TRO will expire. The hearing was then cancelled because the person who was supposed to attend failed to do so because of health concerns and thus, the hearing was moved. However, a court order was approved for the demolition of the houses in our baranggay.

What I want to ask is that, is this move really a justifiable move? Is it possible to obtain a court order when there is still pending court hearing? Any thoughts regarding this matter and any other inputs to help our cause?

EDIT: 5/9/2014 I was misinformed, there was no court order for the demolition, only a letter of authorization from the secretary of the Mayor. Is that illegal? Any help regarding this matter is much greatly appreciated.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum