Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immediate Resignation and verbal threat

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Immediate Resignation and verbal threat Empty Immediate Resignation and verbal threat Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 pm

dawondergirl

Arresto Menor

Hi, Good Day!

I just want to know about the recent incident I had with my previous company. I recently resigned immediately and gave my letter to my boss. I waited for her and the HR said she'll talk to me. She then approached me and make me signed about the business venture that we agreed to create back then. In line with the paper I signed is the selling of my shares to them, so I signed then I also added a thumb mark. At that very moment, I was about to tell her the truth about my resignation so she said It was fine and she's not particularly on the reasons. On that day also, the HR gave me the COE which I asked for a copy last August. I didn't know that it would be a big issue to them. So when I woke up the day after I got messages from her that I am desperate for getting my COE then resigned and also some of my colleagues said that she was making bad remarks that she'll make my life a living hell and "goat".

As of the moment, I sent her my apology letter so that we can make everything clear. IAlso last Saturday, September 24, 2017, I went to the office for the clearance and asked if we could talk yet she wouldn't want to talk to me and HR is the only person there. I know I can be liable by not rendering by 30 days and I just wonder what should I do with this matter because I know there's a chance that she'll make it difficult for me to get the last salary for the days I've worked from September 1-15,2017 and the 2 remaining days.

I know there's a law stating that there are circumstances that immediate resignation can be approved for certain reasons yet they let me go when I talked to them. At that very moment, I was hoping I can compromise to them so we can avoid burning bridges.

But one thing's for sure, the reason I left the company is how they treat their employees. She uses bad words to them and cursing them. I admitted to her that I am lacking confidence and motivation in working and scared that she might do that to me as well.

Here are the points that I want to stress out:

-She let me resign and do a clearance yet she's threatening me for filling a case specifically on the business venture she offered us and by the way, we haven't started anything to it. We don't have any clients at all.
-We don't have any employment contract from the day we started working.
-With the remarks and threats, she said I just want to know if there's a way I can file this as a case.
-Also, they are not paying for overtime.

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

So the question is if there's a way you can file a case?

What case would you be filing? and I thought you don't want to burn the bridge and you'll be doing that if you file a case.

dawondergirl

Arresto Menor

mikos23 wrote:So the question is if there's a way you can file a case?

What case would you be filing? and I thought you don't want to burn the bridge and you'll be doing that if you file a case.

Yes, you are right. I'm just scared of what they would do to me. Maybe I'll just wait and see.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

You are resigned employee already. Yet, you question your Management for not giving you contracts and/or OT pays. What did you do when you were still an employee? You did nothing. And here you are questioning what to do. You should have done something when you were still part of the company an yet you kept quiet.

dawondergirl

Arresto Menor

I know sir. At that time I realized it might be hard for me and still am a kid on this organization its gonna take a lot to break a big wall. My main problem is what case should i file or there's a way for my boss not to harass me and my colleagues anymore.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

NONE, if you are referring to harassment as an employee because you are no longer an employee. However, if your boss acted in his/her personal capacity to harass you, a suit in the regular courts can be initiated.

dawondergirl

Arresto Menor

Can i use the messages she sent and the things she she said for evidence?

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

dawondergirl wrote:Can i use the messages she sent and the things she she said for evidence?

YES, pwede mong gamitin. Ang tanong e saan mo sya gagamitin?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum